Chapter 28

Princess Alice shuddered at the light touch of a hand on her shoulder. "Go away father," she mumbled. She peeked out of her crossed arms to see that the figure was indeed not her father.

"Alice, please do not cry."

"Why? How else am I supposed to feel better?" she asked, still sobbing a little.

"I can think of a few ways." The princess jerked her head up at the suggestive tone of voice and quickly stood up.

"I will not  marry a man like you," Alice spat through her tears.

"Oh, but you will," Prince Rorick said slyly, "and you will not cry because seeing a pretty girl like you with tears streaming down her face makes my heart ach," he said, reaching up to wipe her tears away. Alice pushed his hand away and kept a firm grip on his wrist, positioning herself like she had been taught in case she needed to fight.

"Do not touch me," she said harshly, "I do not need your sympathy." Prince Rorick chuckled.

"My my, aren't you a feisty!" he laughed and then leaned in to whisper in Alice's ear, "I like that." The princess froze as she felt his arms wrap around her waist.

"Please let me go," Alice ordered, her sadness now replaced with worry of what the Prince might try to do. Prince Rorick only smirked and let his hands travel lower to her tail bone. Alice started to panic and tried to break free. "LET GO!" she protested, but the evil Prince only pulled her closer until her chest was smashed up against his, her arms having no where to go.

"I know you are upset, but please make it easier and actually cooperate and maybe I will play nice," he told her as he tried to kiss her. Alice turned her head to the side, his lips grazing her cheek instead.

"NO!" she yelled, trying her best to wriggle free. Prince Rorick laughed into her skin as his lips went down to her neck. Alice used all her muscle to push his shoulders away from her, hoping that if she could create enough space, she could form an attack. However, the Prince only bit her neck, causing her to cry out in pain.

"Hush it! I told you if you cooperated I would be nice!" Prince Rorick growled. Alice glared at him and tried to use his anger to her advantage but failed. He wrestled with her and Alice kept fighting. Finally she got an idea and tried to knee him where it would hurt and was successful, but he didn't pull away. Instead, Prince Rorick grabbed the back of her thigh tightly, squeezing it until the princess cried out in pain again.

"HELP! SOMEBODY HELP ME!" Alice shouted again, with tears in her eyes for the second time that day. Prince Rorick used his other hand to squish her cheeks so she couldn't yell as he went for her neck again. Alice cried, stuck in an evil prince's arms knowing that there was nothing she could do. She cried harder when she felt Prince Rorick's lips moving further down her neck toward a spot she didn't want his lips on. All of a sudden, Alice heard a sword unsheathing and the slashing sound of a sword whipping through the air. Prince Rorick shouted in pain, grabbing his arm as he let go of Alice and stepped back. Relief flooded through the princess's eyes when she saw it was Captain Riley. She instantly ran to him, putting her arms around him tightly, afraid that if she let go, the evil prince would attack her again. Captain Riley put his arm around her waist protectively, holding her close and shielding her from danger. The Captain brought his sword up to beneath the Prince's chin. Prince Rorick looked down at the sword and then to the Captain.

"HOW dare you do that to Princess Alice!" Captain Riley boomed. Prince Rorick snickered.

"I was only trying to have a little fun."

"Fun? Is that what you call that? Because it looked to me like you were assaulting her," the Captain said. Prince Rorick's face turned into a look of scorn.