Chapter 36

"How do I find John Wellington?" Alice questioned.

"You don't really, he comes and goes as he pleases, but I'm sure you can find Killian Jones. You'll know him when you see him cuz he's popular with the ladies," the bartender laughed, picking up a spare cup and cleaning it out. "The women around here say he is like an island dream and as perfect as the sea." The bartender was called away to help a hungry customer, leaving Alice to wonder how in the world she was going to find these guys. She looked around her, trying to find this so called Killian Jones. She didn't spot anyone that looked like an "island dream," especially from where she was sitting, so, the princess thought it would be faster to ask around, but she soon found nobody was willing to help her. As she was turning away from the eighth person she asked, Alice accidently ran into a man carrying two mugs of some sort of liquor, causing him to spill it down the front of himself and for Alice's hood to fall back.

"Little lassy! Your in a heap 'o trouble for what you made me do!" the man said angrily, raising his voice. Alice went to grab for her sword, but another man came up from behind her and caught her arm before she could grab it.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you, wouldn't want any trouble now would we?" the man said.

"N-no," Alice stammered.

"Good, carry on sir," the man told the angry man who glared at the princess before walking back to his table. "And as for you, aren't you a pretty sight," the man looked her up and down with hungry eyes. "You look tired from a long hard day of work, perhaps I could provide a little comfort?" the man asked, putting an arm through Alice's arm and the other around her waist, a little lower than what she wanted.

"I can find my own place for comfort," Alice said coldly.

"Feisty one are ya? I like that," he cooed.

"Ugh! Your disgusting! Get away from me!" Alice raised her voice. "Let go of me!" she pried his hands off of her body and walked away but her grabbed her wrist and yanked her back. Alice had been in this situation one to many times and flipped her arm around so the man's arm was twisting the wrong way. If she wanted to, she could break his arm, but this wasn't the time or place to be doing that. "I said to let me go," Alice ordered thought gritted teeth. Alice' heart stopped and the breath was stolen from her when she laid eyes on a man that was walking her way. She couldn't bring herself to look away from him and when his eyes bet hers, Alice was pretty sure she learned a whole new meaning of blue. The man glanced to the one still holding her wrist and then back to her with a concerned look on her face. When he got closer he glared at the man and put an arm around around the princess's neck, and before Alice even knew what happened, his lips crashed against hers. She felt the other man release his hold on her and she immediately put her arms around the stranger that was kissing her and kissed back. She felt the stanger's other arm wrap around her back and the people around them got quiet. He pulled away and Alice slowly opened her eyes, not entirely believing that just happened.

"Alright, as you were," the stranger shouted in a thick foreign accent that made Alice's heart flutter. "My apologies, I was only trying to get that man to leave you alone," he apologized.

"It certaintly worked," Alice said.

"Yes it did and I'm sorry if you were alarmed by my presense at first, but I simply cannot help myself when it comes to a pretty face," the man continued. Alice smiled.

"At least your not scary," she teased.

"I take great pleasure in keeping my appearance somewhat approachable," the man admitted.

"Believe me, the pleasure was all mine," Alice blurted, then blushed when the man smirked and raised one of his eyebrows, making Alice melt in his arms.

"I can do that again if you'd like," he offered.

"Oh please do," Alice begged and the stranger wasted no time connecting his lips to hers and she practically drank the sweetness of the kiss. She pulled away and grinned to herself, breathless. "You must be the one the island dream that I've heard so much about."

"Is that what they're saying these days?" the man asked amused, "Yes, I am Killian Jones and I know exactly who you are Princess Alice. Don't worry, your secret's safe with me," he reassured as he saw her worried expression. "What brings the princess to a place like this?" he asked leading her to a table.

"I'm actually looking for a John Wellington and rumor has it that he might be working for you?" Alice explained, trying to get her fact straight.

"He's on a salmon outing, but as soon as the nice lad returns, he'll be joining my crew," Killian reassured her. "Why is he so important?"

"Because his father hasn't seen him in years and I think it would do both of them so good."

"I suppose it would, the man is never truly happy," Killian agreed. "Tell you what, as soon as he gets back from the sea, I'll have him ride into the kingdom. Where's his pa?

"He's the oldest knight in the Royal Guard," Alice told him. Killian looked saddened for a moment, but quickly pushed it aside.

"Well then, I'll make sure to tell him not to waste any time with his journey home," Killian smiled.

"Tell me Alice, do you have a place to stay for the night because if not, I can pay your rent for a room for you for the night," he offered.

"Oh! That' so kind of you! I-"

"There you are! I've been searching for you all over! Why didn't you tell me you were coming here? It's not safe for you to be here!" Derek appeared out of nowhere and hovered over Alice.

"After what happened yesterday with Prince Menace and knowing my mother, I had to get away and what's wrong with helping Hue find his son anyway?" Alice explained. Derek sighed.

"Unfortunately, I have to get you back to the castle before your father sends out an entire search party," Derek said.

"But I'm tired," the princess complained.

"Then you can sleep on the ride home, now come on before somebody recognizes you and starts trouble," he urged.

"Goodbye Killian, it was nice to meet you," Alice smiled dreamily.

"Have safe travels home," Killian waved.

"Who is that guy?" Derek asked on their way out.

"Killian Jones, he saved me from a bar fight," Alice told Derek.

"That was Killian Jones?" Alice nodded and was glad it was dark to hide her furious blush. "Alright, we can tie Jade to my horse and you can ride in front of me so I can make sure that you don't fall off," Derek thought out loud. He climbed onto his horse and held his hand out for Alice who happily accepted. Derek wrapped his arms around Alice's waist and held her close, putting his chin on her shoulder so she could feel his warm breath tickle her skin, sending a warm chill down Alice's spine. "Sleep my princess, I'll get us home," her reassured her.

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN ANY ONCE UPON A TIME CHARACTERS THAT WERE USED IN THIS CHAPTER