Chapter 53

Alice wiped her tears away and stood to clap as Lydia and Thomas shared their kiss at their wedding. She couldn't believe Lydia was moving away, but she knew Thomas would take excellent care of her and Derek was able to use his connections to get Thomas into the Royal Guard at the kingdom they were moving to. Sam was out on a patrol one day when he heard a woman's cry for help as some drunk men were trying to mess with her. He saved her of course and what do you know? The two fell in love and Sam no longer has nightmares. Larry had written several pieces of music while he was a knight of the Royal Guard, but being only a guard, he had no access to the instruments he wanted to play. When Queen Alice found out, she immediately gave him access to the Royal Music Room where he was able to compose even more music. Eventually, he became a famed musician and traveled the realms to play for the wealthy and other Royals. Thanks to Alice, Hue and his son, John, were reunited and Hue joined his son on the pirate and sailing life at sea. Alice always let them stay at the castle after their long voyages and often times, they would bring her gifts from afar. Jacob was still the same reckless, sarcastic man he was in the beginning, always flirting with the girls, but also very assertive to his surroundings. Derek finally decided to officially make him the second in command of the Royal Guard. When Jade became too old for Alice to ride, Ryan took her in and used her as a gardening horse at home. Ryan soon learned that he was a "horse whisperer" and would help heal horses and tame the wild ones. Alice was permitted to visit Jade whenever she wanted as long as she brought carrots as a treat. Queen Alice offered to let Margaret and her large family live in the castle for as long as they liked, but the fruit stand lady rejected the offer each time. Instead, Alice had a very generous house and barn rebuilt for her. Unfortunately, the past Queen Rosalind, now called Lady Rosalind, didn't live long enough to see her daughter marry because she became suddenly ill and died within three days. Although Alice loved her mother, she was glad that she was gone. King Bard, now called Sir Bard, was as devastated as anyone could imagine, but he, like everyone else, accepted her death and continued living his life the best that he could. Captain Derek Riley made a full recovery after a month, but the scars never quite faded away. Four months after Alice's Coronation, he took her out riding one day where he proposed to her at her favorite green hill in the forest. Alice didn't have to think twice about saying yes to him. They had a huge, grand wedding and invited the entire kingdom as well as several of the Wellington family's friends. 

Queen Alice wore a beautiful white gown that was princess styled, but not too poofy. It had a sparkly overlay on the bottom and lots of lace on top. Her hair was done up in a bun, with strands hanging loose that were curled at the bottom. King, and still Captain, Derek Riley wore his finest suit with his rankings pinned to his right shoulder. After the ceremony, there was an extravagant feast filled with Alice's, Derek's, Sir Bard's, and all of the knights' favorite foods, desserts, and fancy drinks. Sam of course played all of the music for the night, keeping an upbeat tune that was fun for everyone and would occasionally slow it down for the lovers. Alice and Derek were intrigued with the new invention of fireworks and desperately wanted to see them for themselves. So, as all of their guests were leaving for the night, a fireworks show was set up thanks to Sir Bard and Jacob. The wedding was truly a day and night for all to remember. As expected, the Alda kingdom refused to leave the Linque kingdom alone, but with the newly appointed King and Queen being more than experienced with their fair share of battles, preparations and training was fairly easy. Derek found it hard to continue being the Captain of the Royal Guard after he became King and had to pass the job down to someone else. Jacob was overjoyed that Derek picked him of all people and he worked very hard to keep the respect and legacy of the past Captain alive. Three weeks after the Royal Wedding, the Aldan kingdom fired and a battle was declared. As a warning and threat, Queen Alice sent a final message before leading her men into battle.

"I understood what I was doing when I killed Prince Rorick, but it was done in self defense. Your kingdom should not have supported such an evil man; it only leads to trouble with that one. You must understand though that no matter what bribes you give me, no matter what deals you tempt me with, no matter how much bigger your army may be compared to ours, no matter how thick your armor may be, no matter how ruthless you think you are, we will be waiting prepared for whatever comes our way. We are built on love, hope, kindness, respect, loyalty, honesty, trust, family, friends, confidence, bravery, determination, and will power. The Linque kingdom WILL NOT back down for anyone. You can hurt us as much as you want, but it will not change our hearts. We will defend our home no matter the cost. I am not afraid of mindless men who follow ill orders from a corrupt kingdom. I will stand tall and fearless and lead my men into battle. I will fight along side them because I am a leader that people look up to; I am the light in my kingdom and you cannot dim it for as long as I stand. I will fight for what is right to my very last breath, even if it means sacrificing myself for another to live. I am Queen Alice of the Linque kingdom and I am the protector of this kingdom so beware of my wrath."

Queen Alice will forever be known as Alice the Mighty, King Derek the Brave, Sir Bard the Quiet, Captain Jacob the Strong, Sir Sam the Courageous, Sir Larry the Kind, Thomas the Humble, Hue the Wise, Lydia the Loyal, and Ryan the Young. These legends have all gone down in history and was the only story known as the Princess and the Captain, but we all know the tale as The Princess Knight.

~THE END~