Brown Paper Bags

"Are you going try out today?" Metri asked me as soon as she saw me enter the gym.

"Yeah. I think I will." I said.

I finally made up my decision. I decided that I would tryout since my Metri keeps asking me to.

"Melo, Gelo!" Metri said running over to the practicing boys. "She said she going to try out ."

"Metri didn't i tell you to stop interrupting my practices?"

"No." She said with an attitude.

"Well I am now. Get out my practice."

"Can we join?" I asked.

"As long as y'all don't interrupt and get them off track."

"Aight." We say at the same time.

We go into the locker room and change. I change into white Nike gym shorts with a white Nike dry fit shirt and a grey white and black sports bra.

I put on some black Nike elite socks. (Y'all pick my shoes)

I grab my basketball and head out to the practice. Me and Metri stretch and do a few drills.

"Alright we're going to do. We're going to do conditioning so everyone with asthma take your pumps and even if you don't have asthma y'all should take some breathing medicine to because I'm not going easy."

About 5 boys run over to there bags and get there pumps. I go to my back pack and take out my pump.

"Let go sprints Down and back is one! We're doing 10!" He blows his whistle.

"Leys go boys and girls." Coach said.

I'm pretty fast because run track.( I forgot to tell y'all this.) but I also am conditioned because of soccer.

After the 5th one I'm pretty tired. Not as tired as half of the team. Gelo, Eli and Melo aren't that's tired either.

They are breathing hard but they're not laying on the ground dying like someone others.

"You boys are getting beat by girls! Pick it up !" Coach blows the whistle.

I'm in front along with Melo, Gelo, Eli, O and Metri.

This is the only time I've ever been grateful for hills.

"Last one let's go boys." I yell out.

We start our last one and I put everything I have into this one. I run all the way down to the wall. For ever 3 steps I take Melo take 1.

Totally not fair.

"10 minute break and then we are doing stadiums."

We all groan and go get a drink of water.

I go over to my bag and lay on the court.

"Kaylee I haven't ran that much since freaking 8th grade." She said huffing and laying on a bench.

"We run everyday after school." I say as fast as I can.