Trouble in paradise?

"Break up? You really want to break up?" I said not believing what I was hearing. My eyes were watering but I didn't let the tears fall.

This has got to be the worst day ever.

Early that day...

"Wake up wake up wake up!" I hear my brothers annoying voice. "It's time for school."

My brother arrived at the house night. He was greeted by me and only me. My parents called and told us that they were sorry they couldn't make it home. In reality they forgot and didn't want to tell us.

"Is it Friday?" I asked rubbing my eyes.

"No it's Wednesday..." he trailed off.

"For real?" I asked getting up and picking my clothes for the day.

"Yes child. Get ready so I can drive you to school in my new Beamer." He said dangling his new car keys in my face.

I do my daily hygiene routine and get dressed in a grey Nike cropped hoodie with white pants and grey timberlands. I put my gold MK belt on with my gold MK watch.

"Ready?" I asked my brother as I grabbed my book bag and house keys.

"Why you look so grown?" He asked as we got into the car.

"I'm a whole grown woman out here. So Mind yours while I mind mines." I said catching at attitude.

"Kids get in high school, get a lil
Boyfriend don't know how to act." He said shaking his head.

"Children go to college and finally start in football and don't know how to act." I fired back.

"I been starting since my sophomore year." He said looking at me like I was crazy.

"Nah you was only starting every other game." That shut him up until we got to my school.

I was late to school today so I won't be seeing Melo and then till gym. It's cool though it's not the first time.

Periods seem to fly by today and before I know it it's Gym time. I'm ready to just give Melo a big hug and kiss. I haven't hung out with the ball boys since Monday and Melo has been distant slash sad. I'm not stressing because it's probably his mom not being home.

I walk into gym and neither Melo, Gelo, Eli or Metri were there. What's going on?

"Where everyone at?" I asked Daijon.

"Ion know I walked in and Melo Gelo Eli and Metri were walking out."

"Oh for real?"

"Yeah. They were trying to stop Melo from doing something it looked like." Will said looking up from his phone. "He was mad."

"You know why?"

"Nah. I asked but they acted like they ain't here me but it's really whatever." He said lowkey salty.

"I guess I'll see him at lunch." I shrugged sitting down and putting my ear buds in. When I say this has been the longest most boring Gym class ever ... I'm not lying.