Chapter 2

Deva began to stir as she tried to pull out of her restless sleep. She forced her eyes open, even though it hurt to do so. She took in the sight of the strange bed covers and tried to remember how she got there. Nothing came to mind. She had no idea how she got into a foreign bed. 

She turned her head to the side and saw a man staring at her in amusement. She didn't flinch back or show any fear. She just stared back at the familiar features. The dark blue-grey eyes were now searching into hers as if trying to intimidate. His face looked like the same strong jaw line, sharp nose, luscious lips, but there was something different in the way he was looking at her. As if it were his first time seeing her.

He stood up from the chair across the room and went to sit on the side of her bed. The bed dipped as his face came into better view. He hovered above her, and with him up close, she could tell he was not the same man from the night before.
He didn't say anything, only stared at her face like he was trying to memorize it.

(What the mystery man looks likes)

"I'm dreaming, right? This has to be a dream." Otherwise she would be freaking out.

"I'm flattered you think so."

Who was this cocky son of-? Maybe it was Marcus. Why was she getting a feeling it wasn't?

"Don't be. I dream of dogs too." It was her nature to deflate men's egos.

His laugh sent chills down her spine. Was she dreaming? She gripped the covers. It was the realest dream she had ever had.

"You're not Marcus," she examined the man in front of her thoroughly, "you look similar but your eyes are too close and your smile is more cricked."

"You're lying."

She raised her brow in a challenge. Who was this guy? Of course she was making it up. This guy looked exactly like Marcus she was going by a gut feeling.

The Marcus look-a-like smirked, and his eyes caressed her with fascination. "He was right."

"What?"

"I'm Darius, Marcus' brother."

Deva tried pushing herself up but was struck with dizziness. It was a familiar sensation she wasn't proud of. "Was I drugged?"

His silence was an answer. "It will help you cope with this new transition."

"What the hell are you talking about? Where am I?" Maybe the drug was wearing off because she was starting to hyperventilate.

She was kidnapped.

"Deva calm down. We mean you no harm. We won't hurt you." The brush of his old British accent distracted her, but only for a second.

"What the hell do you want from me?"

His eyes were like a trigger, a trigger that sent her mind to lala land. She felt like she was hit with another dose of drugs. Her hands stopped shaking and instead of chaos her mind was clear.