Chapter 19

Deva was relaxing on her bed listening to music when she felt someone pulling on her legs. Marcus was smiling wickedly at her.

"Come on love it's time to go to the beach."

"The beach?" Deva did not sound enthusiastic about the idea.

"Yup. So quit wasting time and put something more revealing on."

She threw a pillow at him. "What if I don't want to go?"

"Love, don't make me use force-" Marcus took a second to rethink his comment. "Scratch that. Make me use force. I'll really enjoying treating you like Barbie and playing dress up."

She rolled her eyes and pouted. "But I don't want to go."

"Deva this is supposed to be a reward for all the dance practice you ladies have been doing for the past two days. So don't complain and just accept our generosity for even taking you out."

"Aw well don't forget the leash." She added to his dog reference.

The Queen had grown imperious the closer the ball was getting. The girls were on a tight schedule with dance practice but also learning etiquette. The constant hassle and mixture of perfect foot work, posture, and table manners was calamitous for her. Deva was tragically turning into a ticking time bomb of adverse proportions.

"Alright then, force it is." He easily lifted her over his shoulder and made his way to her wide open closet. "What do we feel like wearing?"

"As if." She smacked his butt and he put her down. "Give me a few minutes."

"Only a few or else I'm coming back."

"Sure, sure."

As soon as he left she undressed and pulled on a black strappy cut one piece bathing suit. She put it under some jean shorts and a loose knit crop top.

She threw on some aviator sunglasses and jumped onto Marcus' back when he wasn't looking. He lifted her up to better her position and she wrapped her legs around his torso.

"I'm ready, pooh bear."

"Don't call me that."

"Aww but I like it." She teased.

The princes decided to take their own cars and so the girls began tagging who they were going to ride with.

Deva was still on Marcus' back. "Shot gun Marcus' car."

Julia gave her a glare. "Fine. Shot gun in Marcus' car when we come back."

Marcus' chuckled. "I love the sound of women fighting over me."

The car ride there was short and pleasant. The beach looked like a dream of perfection. The sand was white as snow and the water was so blue and clear it was hard to believe it was an ocean.

"Beautiful isn't it?" Darius whispered in her ear.

"Breathtaking."

She walked forward and the warm white sand between her toes felt like a cloud. The sound of the waves hitting the bank back and forth was calming.

"Come on pooh bear. I promise it's much better up close." Marcus took her hand and led her to the water.

Two of the girls were setting up blankets while the other two were taking off their over clothes to tan in the sun. Deva took her escape and started wandering the beach on her own little adventure. The breezy air was exactly what she needed.

She spotted a figure not far from her position.

"What are you doing here?" Max was the last person she expected to see.