Chapter 30

Deva remained in bed for the next two days with a minor fever. The finest doctors were called to her bedside. Her hot sweaty forehead had spiked meticulously, progressive body temperature were the result of extreme stress levels. They let her rest believing that not only was her body exhausted but so was her mind.

Lucian stayed by her side the entire time. By the end of the second day her fever broke and Deva finally opened her eyes to a very concerned Lucian.

"What happened?" Her weak voice was dry.

"You had a fever." Lucian pressed a glass of water to her lips, and she instantly felt better.

"Seriously?"

Lucian nodded and the refreshing relief washed over him. "How are you feeling?"

"Stiff." She bent her neck which only made her dizzy. "How long have I been in bed?"

"Two long days."

"What?" She signed. "So my liver hasn't given out yet? I can still drink."

It wasn't like she needed permission she was going to drink as much as she wanted regardless.

His disapproving glance didn't make her want to stop.

"I'll be turned into a vampire anyway so what does it matter." She was relying on the transformation to repair anything damaged in her body.

The door burst open and Marcus used his inhuman speed to pull Deva into a tight hug. She welcomed it.

"You scared me half to death Deva. Don't ever do that again."

"Hate to break it to you love, but you're already dead." She tried to joke.

Marcus examined her face. "And you're still alive so let's keep it that way."

"I'm perfectly fine now. I promise."

Julia was next. "Deva I'm so glad you're okay."

"Me too Juls."

"Deva!" She heard an excited Izzy shout.

"Iz."

Izzy made her way towards them, smiling at Deva's healthier self. "You look so much better."

"The sleeping beauty look was working for me?"

"No. I missed your voice."

Deva laid back and shut her eyes. "I'm fine guys." She felt their concerning stares all over her.

"We rescheduled the ball. It's not tomorrow." Izzy switched up the topic.

"Why? I'm awake now."

"Deva you just woke up. You shouldn't worry yourself over the ball." Lucian was sympathetic to her health.

"I want to get it over with. Besides I'll have all of you to lean on. I can do it."

"Deva the choice is up to you." Izzy was aiming to please.

"Then tomorrow." Deva made her decision.

Izzy admired her future sister in law's determination. "I'll tell mother and get everything prepared."

She kissed Deva on the cheek for luck before walking out with a bounce to her steps.

Of course they worried over her. Deva was the next queen. She was their future. She couldn't understand what the fuss was about. It wasn't like the most powerful vampires in the realm were going to let her die.

Later that day a designer was called into her room to help come up with the perfect dress. Deva was measured from every angle and from every inch of her body.