Chapter 25

Every minute Deva spent with Darius maximized her feelings for him. She knew she was falling extremely and desperately hard, like he promised. He was attentive, passionate, and kinder than he led on, but most importantly he made her feel like the center of his world.

The butterfly feelings she had for Lucian were fading into a distant memory. She was seeing less and less of him with each new day.

Deva felt the bed gently dip and then tiny kisses trail their way up her neck. His morning affection was exactly what she needed to put a smile on her face.

"Wake up my beautiful human girlfriend," his deep velvet voice sang to her.

She shook her head and murmured in Romanian, "Mai cinci minute."

His soft lips brushed against the length of her jaw. "I don't know what you said but it sounded sexy."

Deva chuckled. "Five more minutes."

He pressed his lips to hers ever so lightly, and when she lifted herself up to get a better feel, he pulled away. "Nope. I need you up now."

She pouted. "No."

"Fine," he shifted his position to sit on the bed. "I guess you don't want your surprise."

Deva's eyes immediately opened, and she took in his attire. Why was he so dressed up? His skin even looked extra flawless and sparkly.

"What surprise?"

His gorgeous smile that she always melted to formed on his face. He bent down to kiss her. "Happy birthday sweetheart."

Birthday, she thought confused. What day was it anyway? Then like a train hitting a wall it all came back to her. Damn, and she thought she could avoid this day forever. "It's not my birthday."

He laughed at her feeble attempt. "You know the more time I spend with you the easier it is to catch your lies."

"Who told you?" But then she already knew the answer. "Julia."

"Yes you are correct, the trusted best friend."

Deva sat on her elbow. "I'll get her later for that."

"Yes later, but for now I need you to get dressed." He helped her out of bed.

She opened her closet and decided to wear something more flattering then her usual raggedy getup. It was after all her birthday. "Where are we going?"

"We," he exaggerated. "Nowhere yet, but you do have a morning date today."

What? Confusion was definitely in the air. "I have a date without you." She quickly pulled down her form fitting dress before running out the closet to make sure she heard right. "And you are encouraging this?"

Back in her room she found Darius smiling and his culprit Lucian next to him also wearing the exact same smirk.

"What's going on here?" Panic was her first impulse. Wasn't Lucian mad at her and his brother?

"Lucian is taking you out this morning for your birthday, and then I have you for the rest of the day," Darius explained not showing any sigh that the situation bothered him.

A part of her was really happy to see Lucian, but again something felt off. "Really?"

Darius only chuckled, closing the distance between them. "Yes really."

"I'll wait for you outside." Lucian took the hit and went for the exit.

Darius cradled her face. "He still envies me and I don't blame him. He respects our union but he'll be there no doubt to sweep you off your feet if anything does happen."