Chapter 21

Deva remembered going to sleep at a reasonable time, but figured her muscles were too sore for her to get up and start a new day. When Amy came in with breakfast/lunch at about noon, she announced that the princes were requesting all the girls' presence in the study room. Surprise, surprise.

Her stomach cramped, and she blamed the stupid corset for caging her in. Throwing on whatever was in plain sight in her closet Deva walked out of her room with a biscuit in her hand.

Her eyes landed on the comfy couch in the back of the study room and she threw herself on it.

"Good morning sleeping beauty," she heard a chipper prince call to her.

"Sleepy is right. I'm too exhausted to even stand."

"Would you like me to hold you up love? I promise my arms are cozier than that couch."

She could picture the grin on Marcus' face. She genuinely doubted Marcus was her mysterious masquerade partner. His infatuation with Julia had grown. No fool could deny their unbreakable connection. Marcus felt more like a brother to her.

"I'll be the judge of that."

Marcus lifted her into his buff arms. He held her bridal style and very close to his chest. Deva snuggled her head in the crook of his neck, not caring if the girls were envious of her.

"Comfy?" He asked.

Her eyes were closed. "It's tolerable."

"Shall we begin?" She heard a rather impatient and annoyed low voice ask. Deva opened her eyes to see Lucian looking her way with narrowed eyes towards his brother.

"By all means my prince," she replied sweetly hoping it would calm some of his nerves.

"My brothers and I are here to announce that we will be absent for a few days. Our presence is needed elsewhere in our kingdom. So you will not be seeing us much this week."

A few sad 'aww's were given from Deana and Red.

"We promise not to stay longer than necessary."

"How big is your kingdom?" Julia had sparked Deva's interest.

"It's bigger than Europe and Africa combined." Darius replied with pride.

"That's a lot of vampires," Deva galped in Marcus' shoulder.

"To keep yourselves occupied our mother has suggested a talent show for when we return. This will give you enough practice for whatever talents you have without us here to interrupt you." Lucian tried to gain back their attention.

"No, Red; applying too much make up does not count as talent." Deva couldn't resist adding.

"Neither is shitty attitudes," Red twirled her hair through her fingers and grinned like she won an award.

Deva raised her hand and pointed to Red. "Off with her head!"

"I second that motion." Julia knew it would be easier with her gone.

"Deva," Lucian warned.

"What? I'm just trying to save us some future trouble. We all know she's gonna go home soon."

Lucian couldn't exactly confirm or deny that statement but Deva already knew.

"Well ladies any questions or concerns before we leave?"

"When do you leave?" Deana desperately clung onto his arm.

"In an hour."

Darius ended their meeting. "We can't wait to see what talented performances you will present us with when we get back."