Chapter 41

Deva was thrust out of her comfort zone and forced to do her first interview. The magazine would be the first ever to get an exclusive piece on the princess. They spared no expense. She had worn 20 different outfits in less than two hours of the photoshoot. Some of the pictures were taken in the woods, her natural element, others in various rooms of the palace. Izzy was by her side the entire time acting as her personal manager, and dictating members of the staff.

When the photography aspect was over Deva was put in a chair to answer one on one questions about her life. They held the interview in the connected greenhouse with numerous exotic flowers as the perfect backdrop. The sun was shiny just enough to give Deva the most stunning natural glow.

The reporter was a petite woman with enormous kind eyes and conspicuously optimist attitude. Her intolerable smile faded as the camera men took longer than she liked. Deva crossed her legs and relaxed her shoulders so she wouldn't look arrogant.

The first few questions were basic: favorite color, style of clothing, inspirations. But eventually the egg needed to be cracked.

The reporter dove into deeper water. "What sort of problems will you address once you're queen?"

"I'm still fairly new to this world but one thing I've noticed that needs improving is blood supply. No one in this kingdom should ever be hungry."

The reporter smiled like she agreed. "You know every little girl dreams about becoming a princess and marrying a prince. Do you feel like the luckiest girl in the world having that fulfilled?"

Deva exaggerated a laugh darting her gaze towards Izzy for guidance. Should she lie?

"Maybe a little but honestly I'm terrified. I'm so new to this world, but that might be an advantage. I have a new perspective. I wasn't born into royalty. I know what it feels like to be on the other side and I will do everything in my power to make this kingdom prosper."

"You're not the only one not born into royalty and joining the family. What's the half lycan, half vampire prince like?" Any gossip about the love child was bound to be on the front of every tabloid.

Deva had to choose her words wisely to sell Adamarius as a harmless member of society and wonderful contributor to the royal family.

Deva traced her lips with a precarious finger to reflect a mysterious affection for him. "Adamarius is..." Her dramatic pause magnified a suspicious crush. "He is sublime. I say this because he is something majestic, impressive, and intellectually inspirational."

Adamarius popped in just as she finished describing him. His playful smirk gave her a good sense that he heard the praise. Before the reporter could plunge any deeper into the discussion, Deva rose, in order to shine the light on him.

"How about some photos with the dashing hybrid? I'm sure the kingdom is dying to put a face to the rumored prince."

The reporter turned her attention to Adamarius and blushed. "Your highness, I did not see you." There was no doubt she wouldn't take the bait. "We would love to take your photos, if we may."

She side glanced Izzy who nodded in agreement.

"I'm a little camera shy maybe the princess could join me." Adamarius' emerald eyes sparkled in Deva's general direction.

The reporter acted as if she struck gold once Deva accepted. Izzy sprang into action like she had envisioned the entire scene way before it was written in stone.

Adamarius and Deva were tossed into an array of magical decor. Deva had to wear gowns that weighed more than armor while Adamarius was groomed into the alluring prince charming. In the photoshoot they were portrayed as a darker version of star-crossed lovers.