Chapter 43

++++ Warning this chapter is a little rated-Rish+++++

_____________________________________________

"Why do we have to have a ball every week?" Deva whined as they made their way down the majestic trail leading to the garden maze.

Adamarius kept a fair distance behind her, not able to control his prying eyes from admiring her swaying hips.

"This ball isn't like the others. This one is specifically a celebration for the other Kings to finally meet you."

She hated being the stoplight. "What if I happen to be sick that day?" She would honestly do anything to get out of another ball.

Adamarius tapped her nose playfully and kissed it afterwards. "Oh pet that excuse won't work anymore. You're a hybrid; you're stronger than anything that exists on this planet."

She pouted.

"Once you become Queen you can control the amount of balls you celebrate."

That put a smile on her face. Adamarius shook his head at her instant simple joy.

"I thought girls loved to dress up and dance with their prince charming."

Deva snorted. "You try wearing high heels longer than two hours."

Adamarius smirked and laced their fingers together before pulling her along the path again. They sat on the wooden bench located at the entrance of the maze.

"Have you met the other Kings?"

She had heard of his travels when Izzy used to brag about it but never had Deva asked Adamarius.

"The other kingdoms are more lycan friendly. I've only seen two of them from afar. I'm a subject, that's not important enough to meet them."

"Just imagine if they knew you were the bastard of Queen Emma and ..."

Adamarius proceeded to finish the sentence for her. "My father's name was Agron. He was an Alpha."

"Define Alpha."

"He had all the control. He could bark any order and lycans are forced to do it, like it is physically impossible not to do as he demands."

Deva scrunched her face in repulse. "That's not fair. Whose Alpha now that he's gone?"

"No one in these parts but that rein would have been passed down to me."

Her lips curved at the irony. "Aren't we the lucky chosen ones?"

"You have the harder job." He said turning the spotlight back to the ball.

"Yeah, trying to impress three really old vampire Kings. No pressure."

He could sense her discomfort.

"Beautiful listen to me," Adamarius' hand went up around her neck to force her to look at him. "They are vampire Kings who worked for centuries to bring fear into their people with the whisper of their names. They like to intimidate people because it is in their nature to have power. And you..."

He paused to kiss her mocking lips.

"You are Queen. You are the new generation. Don't let them frighten you. Show them how powerful and fearless you can be. You can't let them push you around."

Deva's brow rose in a devious fashion. "You don't think I'm scary?"

Adamarius kissed her forehead and started to walk again. "Oh yes. I'm petrified by your red colored nails; cherry glossed lips, and curled hair. You just ooze 'fear me'."