Chapter 14

Maturish Content in this chapter. You were warned.

The next day turned for the worst. Deva woke up with massive pain but it wasn't her head. It was her lower stomach from cramps. She cursed herself for not checking the calendar. It was the beginning of a new month, and that only brought one thing for Deva, the worst week of her life.

She thanked God and whoever placed the pads and tampons in the bathroom. She prayed the day to hurry up and be done with.

She was rocking herself to sleep when her door swung open. Does anyone here know about knocking?

"Good morning sweetheart."

She groaned, irritated. "What's so good about it?"

"A little feisty today are we? Are you not feeling any better? Does your head hurt?"

"No it's not my head, but I warn you Darius don't start with me today." She felt a sting of pain shoot up her lower back and she cursed.

He sped to her side sitting on the edge of the bed. He didn't understand where the pain was coming from if it wasn't her head. His blood should have healed everything.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing for you to be concerned about. Now go run along to one of your flirty whores and leave me be." She was hoping her nasty attitude would get him to leave.

"Not going to happen, sweetheart."

She turned to him with eyes ablaze in rage. She was a little embarrassed to come right out and say her ovaries were shedding. "Darius leave me alone because I swear I will most likely end up biting your head off today."

He was used to her vulgar insults but threatening his life after she recently apologized for stabbing him didn't seem right. Something was definitely wrong.

"Why? What have I done?"

"Darius," she groaned placing her hand over her stomach and closing her eyes in anguish. "Believe it or not it has nothing to do with you."

He pieced a theory together. "You're on your cycle?"

"Yes Sherlock. Please leave. I'm not in the mood for company."

"I'm not leaving." He said firmly.

"Did you not hear me? I'm in pain, I have a crime scene in my pants, and I swear one wrong move and I could kill someone."

He chuckled and she wanted to pound him for laughing at her misery. "I'm not in any position to imply I know how you feel, but I have been close to the situation you just described." Being a vampire, it was normal to feel pain, on the verge of insanity, and not to mention killing people.

"Darius you don't have to stay with me. You can't honestly say you want to be around me when I'm like this. I'm PMSing. I am not the nicest person when I'm on my cycle. I feel nasty and sticky and shitty."

"I think I can handle it."

What was he trying to prove? "But Darius I'm kind of involuntarily bleeding. Can you even stand being around the smell?"

He placed a secure hand over her distressed face. He could feel her pain. "I'm a very old vampire. I can control my urges. I wouldn't put your life at risk like that. I want to stay with you."

Why did he have to be so sweet when she was so vulnerable? Could he really just want to be around her?

"Do whatever you want."

She fell back and groaned as her sides were cramping up again. Darius left for a spilt second and returned to pick her up off the bed.

"What are you doing Darius?"