Chapter 5

Once again, Deva woke up to the sun's rays peeking through the window. Her nightmare did not end. Lacey was seated at the breakfast table picking at a blueberry muffin. Deva got up to join her just in time for her stomach to growl.

"So," she asked out of pure boredom. "How was the date?"

Deva buttered some toast and poured some coffee. "It was nice. He took me to a restaurant. We ate, danced then we came back."

"Was there a kiss?"

Deva had no reason to lie. "No."

"Hmm," Lacey took a larger bite of the muffin she was playing with. "He seems like the type."

"What type?"

"You know. The sweep you off your feet kind of guy. Darius is a sweet talker. He seems like the type to rush in for a kiss." Lacey was getting the same vibe Deva was.

Deva caught a glimpse of a shiny object on the nightstand next to her bed. It was a silver IPod and looked new.

There was also a piece of paper lying next to it.

'Dear sweetheart,

I hope this brings you some sort of comfort. I added a few of my favorite songs to start you off. Enjoy, and this just goes to show you not everything comes at a price.
Always your prince charming,
Darius'

She smirked, prince charming alright. She couldn't get used to the enormous bathroom. It was covered in beautiful, expensive marble tiles, a double porcelain vanity, a white vintage tub, and the shower could easily occupy ten people. 

She stripped and entered the shower to wash the sleepiness away. After a ten minute shower, she headed for the fully stocked closet and pulled out a pair of skinny black jeans and a plain blue and red shirt.

Walking out, she found Lacey on the old style Victorian couch reading a book.

Lacey looked up, "We're supposed to meet up with the brothers in a few minutes." 

Amy showed up some time later and escorted the girls to the study room. It was more like a library; two sides of the wall had shelves stacked with thick books. There was an old sturdy wooden desk pressed all the way in the back right below the open seven feet windows. 

"I assume you had a wonderful time last night with the Prince of Darkness," Deva bumped Julia over.

"Yes it was. How was your night? Did I win the bet?"

"I need a little more time." Deva grinned watching the brothers enter.

She tried to boost up her game by shy flirting with Darius from across the room. His blue eyes seemed glued to hers and she felt confident she would won.

"Ladies," Darius presented himself with a certain suave. "I hope you are all doing well today. We have asked you up here this afternoon to clear a few things." He paused and walked closer to the girls. "My brothers and I understand the confusion you all must get when it comes to telling us apart. So in order to straighten out some of the confusion we have decided to dress in different colors that will help distinguish us apart."

Deva wanted to laugh so badly but she kept it in. She couldn't believe he was actually going for her color coding idea. She honestly only meant it as a joke. 

"From now on I, Darius, will be wearing blue shirts. My brother Marcus will be wearing green and Lucian will be in red."

Thinking out loud, Deva commented, "Have you considered name tags?"