Chapter 33

Deva took her meals in her room and was graced with Julia's presence for dinner.

"So what did you do all day?" Julia teased knowing Deva did absolutely nothing.

"Watch birds fly by."

Julia rolled her eyes and popped a French fry in her mouth. "Ok grandma. I'll pencil it in right after my knitting session."

Deva stayed silent while directing her attention outside the window. It was times like these she wished she could go back home.

"You can't hide in here forever."

Deva exhaled the negative energy out. "I know."

"I can't even image what you've gone through. Honestly I can't. You have a crown on your head and we live in a vampire world. Not to mention you were attacked by your future half-brother in law." Julia marveled at how calm Deva was about the whole situation. "This puts that Maury show to shame."

Deva laughed and Julia was grateful that was something she could provide as a distraction.

"Enough about me. What's going on with you and Marcus?"

Julia's mood instantly blossomed to enthusiasm. "He took me to a play yesterday. It was a cute comedy way better than any Broadway production crap."

"I'm really happy you've got him. I know he's a good guy." Deva pushed back into her chair. "And if he breaks your heart I'll hire someone to mess him up."

They both burst out in a fit of giggles. No one was stupid enough to hurt a vampire prince except for perhaps another vampire prince.

"What are you two laughing about?" Marcus showed up right on time.

He gave Julia a kiss before settling down in the chair next to her.

"You actually."

Marcus scanned his eyes over his own body. "There's nothing to laugh about."

Deva laughed even harder to tease him. The princes were far too cocky for their own good.

"Deva, how are you feeling today?" Marcus asked on a serious note.

Marcus was thoroughly surprised to come home from his date and to have a new brother added to the family. It was terribly unthinkable.

She half smiled. "I'm just tired, that's why I'm staying cooped up in my room."

"Well I hope you recover soon."

She did too. She hated feeling this weak. She was definitely giving the gym a rest for a few days.

"Have you officially met him yet?"

"My beastly hairy brother?" Marcus battered. "No not yet but I do believe my sister is spending some quality time welcoming him to our humble abode."

Humble was leaked with sarcasm. They all knew that the royal family was anything but humble. It was more like chaotic piece of mess.

"Well I hope she's careful. He has claws and isn't afraid of using them."

She didn't have claw marks to prove it but there were bruises she was trying to keep concealed underneath her clothes. She wasn't certain yet what the lycan wanted but she hoped it wasn't to hurt her family. If he tried anything Deva would personally throw the mutt on the side of the road to get run over.

Izzy stood outside the door to the lycan's new living quarters. It was almost an identical match to Darius' room; plain, simple, and above all else modern with an amazing view of the evergreen woods.