Chapter 57

The sun blaring in woke them both up at the same time. Deva was now praying for the cloud coverage that she had once wished away.

"I don't want to wake up yet," she whined like a child.

"Then pretend I'm the moon," his husky voice echoed while Darius threw the covers over their heads. "And we're still in the night."

Her lips curved into a smile. It was times like these that made her fall in love with Darius all over again.

Her exhausted body melted into his. "It's not the same."

"I can fix that." He captured her lips and took over her mind.

When Deva opened her eyes again it was dark. Pulling the covers down to look out, she found the moon high in the night sky. Darius had used his ability to pull her into his creative world.

"I love when you use your powers for good."

He chuckled because she made it sound like he was a superhero. "You're everything good about me."

No matter how cheesy his lines were they always made her weak at the knees. "Last night went well."

"Yes. Adamarius always did know how to charm a crowd."

There was a double meaning to his reference. Adamarius had also charmed Deva somehow. Regardless of her resistance in the beginning, he managed to steal her heart.

Deva sensed the ting of jealousy. "We know his thoughts are genuine. With this unity our Kingdom will be stronger."

His piercing eyes mirrored understanding but also confliction. "Will it make US stronger?"

"What do you mean?"

She didn't want to plunge down the rabbit hole by saying the wrong thing that might upset her husband. But obviously he had some deep feelings he wanted to finally let surface.

"You loved him once."

"ONCE," she extenuated.

"I don't want his return-" Deva leaned into his chest and kissed him to cast whatever doubt out of his mind. It stopped his thoughts completely.

When she kissed him with such desirable passion Darius couldn't help but loose himself within her love and security.

"He doesn't change anything. He won't change anything." She promised.

Darius wanted to believe her but with his newer knowledge on the lycans he knew she wasn't always in control. Just like how vampires weren't always in control of their urges. Lycan had their own animalic nature.

"But if he does. I want to know. Don't keep anything from." Even the smallest doubt in his eyes that she might actually harbor feelings for another man killed her. "Promise me."

But Adamarius wasn't just any other man. He was Darius' brother and her lycan soulmate. There was nothing she could do to change that. She might have tried to force Adamarius out of their lives but she couldn't keep him away any longer. Adamarius deserved to be home and surrounded by people who love him.

She didn't want to hurt Darius so she promised. "Alright. I promise."

Things were different now. Time and distance had given Deva what she needed to build a wonderful life with an amazing family and thriving kingdom. Adamarius was family now and she would treat him like another trusted brother.

"What are you doing today?"

"I promised Alcide I would help him make a kite." Darius kissed his wife on the forehead before getting out of bed and stretching. "But I do have a few calls I need to make."