Chapter 56

Deva's eyes fluttered open to the most heart pumping sight. Darius was sound asleep with nothing covering his glorious body but the thin white sheets that draped low to his waist. To this day she still couldn't get over the incredible lust that sparked wild within her every time she got the slightest glimpse of her husband's body.

Her hand instinctively went up to push back the stray hairs from his flawless face. Her fingertips traced the soft skin on his cheek bones and she watched as his eyes slowly opened. Blue-gray eyes greeted her and she smiled.

Darius took her wandering hand and pulled it to his lips, kissing affectionately. "How long have you been awake?"

"Not long," she confessed.

"Do you enjoy watching me sleep?"

It could possibly be her guilty pleasure. "Yes. I do. When you sleep I can paint your lips, cheeks, and hair with my fingertips."

"You're the artist now?" He smirked.

Since becoming the King and a father Darius had no true time for himself and his love of painting.

She traced his lips. "Someone has to be." She only teased. Art was not a talent of hers.

Within the moment she blinked Darius had pressed his massive, hot body on top of her. The citrus mint breath that always intoxicated her had numbed her with desire and need.

"Let me paint you."

She chuckled. "Right now? With paint?" She loved the devilish smirk that spread across his face.

He nodded and began nibbling her earlobe. "You've never let me properly paint you."

"What's properly?"

"Properly is sitting your gorgeous ass in a chair for an hour so I can capture your beauty on canvas."

Deva bit her lip and considered the notion. "Do you actually have time to do it?"

"I can leave Lucian in charge for a bit."

Lucian was indeed the only person truly capable of managing the King's duties efficiently.

"Will this be a nude portrait?" She laughed knowing he'd love the idea.

Darius' eyes brighten. "Yes since you were the one to mention it."

He began unraveling the sheets so he could survey her body, carving out her curves with artist eyes.

She shook her head. "Not now."

Deva rolled over to get out of bed but Darius quickly snatched her back.

"Where do you think you're going sweetheart?"

"To get dressed. Alcide should be up by now."

Darius suckled her neck where he knew left her weak at the knees with need, his way of tempting her.

"We can lock the door." He lingered seductively.

Her lips curved. He always knew what to say to get her close to submission. "He's smarter than both of us combined. He'll find a way in."

Darius growled before releasing her. "Then tonight."

"As you wish your majesty," she made her way to her open closest.

It was bigger than a studio apartment and she couldn't deny that filling it up with exquisite outfits was the best part of being a queen.

Deva threw on a simple black lace shirt with a pair of dark wash skinny jeans. There was no special occasion this morning. No, the special occasion was tonight. Deva groaned at the recollection. Tonight there would be another ball, a ball to welcome Prince Adamarius back to their kingdom.