Chapter 23

This chapter you get some insight into Braden's life. Sorry if you don't like Braden but he's my baby and he needs in here more. Also I'm hoping to work more on this story than my other just because I need to finish this one! Anyways I hope you like this!
Love,
Lizzy 😘

Chapter 23

Louis
I'm once again on my way to my favorite place, the gorgeous flowery meadow. This time was different though because on my way through the woods I'm spotted by the beta of the pack, Braden, who seems to be heading the same way I am.

"Are you going to the meadow too?" He asks me with a small smile pointed my way.

He has a guitar on his back and a cute little notebook and pen in his hands. He was wearing a black tank top due to the humidity in the air today. So I could see the tattoos spread across his chest and right arm. "Yes, I was," I tell him with a smile of my own.

He walks side by side with me the rest of the way to my secret getaway which looks likes it's not as much of a secret as I thought it was.

I find a really nice patch of soft grass to settle in when we get to the meadow. Being pregnant with triplets meant I wasn't getting up until I planned on heading back towards the cabin and that wouldn't be for a couple hours.

I turn to see Braden taking a seat not too far from myself. He gives me a small smile as he starts fiddling with the strings on his guitar, playing a cute little tune.

I realize that Braden had been coming here so that he could write without any interruptions and I kinda feel bad for coming here as well. "I'm sorry if me being here ruins your peace," I tell him with a sad smile.

Braden stops playing for a second to turn and give me another bright smile. "No you're fine, actually maybe you could help me with something," he tells me a hopeful look in his eyes.

"What is it?" I ask him, curious to what I could help him with.

Braden suddenly seems nervous as he starts fiddling with one of the nearby daisies. "Well, there's someone I really like and I want to woo her with a song that I've wrote, but I'm not sure if she'll even like it," he gives me a sad smile after telling me all this and I can't help but think that whoever this girl is beta, alpha or omega would be stupid to deny this incredibly kind beta.

"Is she a part of this pack?" I ask him, a large smile on my face at the thought of Braden getting himself a little mate. He really deserved all the love in the world.

"Yeah, but I don't even think she knows I exist," he tells me, a sad smile on his face.

"Well you're the head beta how couldn't she know who you are?" ask him, curious to who this girl was.

He shakes his head. "She usually keeps to herself and doesn't really pay attention to pack matters," he tells me, looking off into space, most-likely thinking about his crush.

"Well, I'd love to help you out in anyway I can," I tell him, truly meaning it. Braden deserved all the happiness he could get, especially with having to keep up with my overbearing alpha's all the time.

Braden looks up from where he's still fiddling around with the colorful daisies twisting them into a flower crown. "Well, I kind of have another problem," he tells me cautiously, almost as if he was scared to tell me this next thing.

"What is it, Braden? I won't judge you for it," I say, placing a hand over my bulging stomach.

He sighs as he places his half-made flower crown onto the green grass. "Well, not many people in the pack know this, but I'm not a deer shapeshifter," he tells me, looking as if he was waiting for me to explode over it.