Helping Hand

Harry's POV

I roamed the aisles of the grocery store, finally getting up the nerve to just get it over with. I was trying to organize myself enough to decide what I wanted to eat for the next few days, but it was proving difficult. It had been a while since I'd had time to cook for myself and I was feeling a little lost as to what I would need and how to shop. On top of that, I was still a little nervous to be out in public since I was trying to keep a somewhat low profile.

I was standing in the meat section, figuring I could at the very least make tacos until I got my cooking skills back, when I felt a small tug on side of my t-shirt. I looked down to see the little boy I'd seen in the café the day before staring up at me with a little grin as he tugged at me.

"Hi!" He said excitedly, seeming a lot less shy that he had been the first time I met him. "What's your name?" He asked.

"Hey, buddy. I'm Harry." I smiled as I crouched down beside him, looking around and wondering why he seemed to be wandering around by himself.

"I'm Cash. I saw you at the ice cream shop with Auntie before!" He smiled.

"Yes you did! Did you enjoy your ice cream?"

"Yep. I always get tigger, it my favorite." He said proudly.

"I'm glad. What are you doing running around in here by yourself?" I asked him, getting worried that someone must be looking for him.

"I not by myself, I with my Daddy." He said as he turned to look around, his little face dropping when he didn't see him. "I don't know where he went."

He looked back at me and I watched the worry start to cross his little face when he realized he was lost, tears starting to pool in his eyes.

"Hey, it's okay. We'll find him." I said as I stood up, taking his little hand in mine as we started to walk around the store.

We wandered around, scanning the aisles in search of his dad as we made our way through the store. We turned the corner towards the produce when I heard a voice behind us call out for him and we turned around to look as a guy came over towards us. 

"Cash! There you are, what did I tell you about running off?!" The man said, looking worried but relieved that he had finally found him.

"Sorry Daddy, I was just saying hi to Harry." Cash said timidly as he looked up at him, obviously feeling guilty as his dad scooped him up.

"You can't do that, okay? You scared me, you tell me if you want to go somewhere, alright?" He said softly as Cash nodded and wrapped his little arms around his neck.

"I'm sorry, I don't think we've met. I'm Ryan." He said as he held his hand out to shake mine.

"Harry." I smiled as Cash turned and grinned at me.

"Daddy, Harry bought my tigger ice cream yesterday with Auntie!" He exclaimed.

"Well that was nice of him, did you say thank you?" Ryan asked as he looked down at him and Cash nodded. "So, you're a friend of my sisters?"

"Um, well no actually. I just saw them in the café yesterday when they were getting ice cream." I laughed. "I was ahead in line and this guy was getting antsy for his ice cream, so I ordered it so he could get it faster."

"Ah, I see that whole patience thing we've been working on is coming along nicely." Ryan laughed as he tickled Cash and he giggled. "Well, we're already late. We better get home before Mommy starts wondering where we are."

Cash nodded as Ryan put him down and took his hand as he looked up at me.

"Thanks for finding him, I turned my back for one second and he was gone." Ryan sighed.