Same Spark

Hailey's POV

"So, are you gonna tell me why you're grinning to yourself like we're 12 again and Colin Stevens just told you he liked your hair?" Finn laughed, gently bumping his shoulder against mine as we walked down Main St.

I let out a light laugh, shaking my head because I still really couldn't believe everything that had happened with Harry and I in the past 24 hours. He was back, and he still loved me, and I couldn't think about it without grinning to myself like an idiot.

"I am not." I lied.

"Hailey, I've known you my entire life. You can't lie to me." He chuckled as he threw his arm around me. "I'm gonna take a wild guess and say this might have something to do with the return of our favorite popstar?"

"Maybe." I blushed, looking down at our feet as we walked.

"Oh shit, you bumped uglies didn't you?" He laughed.

"Finn, how many times do I have to tell you that is the worst expression for sex of all time." I rolled my eyes at him. "Get a new phrase."

"My use of phrase doesn't make it less true." He said, wiggling his eyebrows at me. "And from the way you're blushing I'm gonna say that I am 100% accurate in my assessment. Thatta boy Harold."

"Shut up." I laughed as I pushed him as we approached the car and climbed in.

"So...what does this mean? You two good now?" He asked as he started up his truck and pulled out of the parking lot, while I looked down at my hands nervously.

"I mean...I hope so." I said as I bit my bottom lip. "I'm not really sure."

"Well if you're back to boning that's a good sign." He laughed.

"Yeah, I mean I think it is. But he's here...things are always good when he's here. I don't know when he has to leave or what's gonna happen. We haven't really talked about it yet." I shrugged, suddenly feeling nervous as I bit my bottom lip.

I knew that Harry and I had both come to a place where we could openly admit how we felt for each other, fallen back into our pattern of simplicity the same way we had that summer two years earlier, but I also knew that both of us tended to get lost in the other and purposely avoid thinking too far into the future.

The idea that we may repeat the same pattern again was terrifying, and I think I was consciously trying to remain aware that he would have to leave again, I just didn't know what that would mean this time around.

"You and Harry didn't talk about something important? That doesn't sound like you two at all..." He scoffed.

"Give us a break...it's been less than a day. I think we've both gotten a lot better at communicating, thank you very much." I defended. "We'll talk about it, we just haven't had a chance."

"I'm just giving you shit, Hails. You know I love you, and Harry, I just wanna see you two figure it out for good this time. It's pathetic how much he loves you, put the guy out of his misery and just marry him already." He laughed.

"One step at a time." I laughed. "Let's not get ahead of ourselves here."

He just smiled at nodded as we made our way back toward my place, and I remembered that I still had to get Harry something for Christmas since he was gonna be spending it in Lily Ridge with my family. I suddenly felt a lot more pressure to get him something good, so I felt a little anxious at the prospect of finding something.

"Hey um...do you have any ideas about what I could get him for Christmas?" I asked Finn as we turned off Main St. "I'm at a loss."

"No shit. What do you get someone that says 'hey, you're the love of my life, but we've barely talked but now we're sleeping with each other and we don't know if we're gonna be together now but merry christmas'." He laughed.