Google Me

Harry's POV

I couldn't wipe the smile off my face the whole way home, happy Hailey wasn't mad at me anymore and excited to see her. I was nervous to have the talk with her, but the fact that she'd kissed me gave me a bit of a confidence boost that she would definitely be more receptive to hearing me out than she was the first time.

I'd felt like I was going to have a heart attack when she showed up at the shop, she looked pissed and I had no idea how she was gonna react. My plan of not telling her was obviously out the window, and I just wanted her to know that even if she hated it I was just trying to make her happy. The way she just stared at me not saying anything was terrifying, and I'd just rambled on trying to explain myself to try to fill the silence and pray she wasn't even more pissed at me than she already had been.

I can't explain the relief that washed through me when she kissed me, like the second her lips were on mine the rest of the world faded away just like it did the first time. It let me know that it wasn't just a fluke, that the second time was just as good as the first if not better, and that the connection I felt to her wasn't just some fleeting feeling that I acted on one night because we were fighting. It was as if I'd never kissed anyone before her, because when I tried to think about kissing anyone else it was like it was completely washed from my memory and irrelevant.

If anything, it just confirmed my feelings for her, giving me more confidence in the fact that I wanted her. I wanted to be with her, to wake up next to her, and to kiss her any time I wanted. I constantly craved her presence, feeding off the feeling she provided me like a drug that I never wanted to stop taking. It was something I'd never felt before, it was more than just lust or a physical attraction, it meant something.

I took a deep breath as I got out of the car, nervous to have the talk with Hailey that I knew I needed to and just praying I didn't screw it up. I could smell the dinner she was cooking wafting through the air as I approached the front door, and any nervousness I had felt washed away when I walked into the kitchen and saw her standing there. As usual, she calmed me without realizing it, and all the things I worried about just didn't seem to matter anymore.

I stood in the doorway, watching her mix something in a bowl for a few minutes, before I cleared my throat and she looked up at me.

"Hey." She smiled. "You're home."

I didn't know why, but seeing her standing in my kitchen after coming home from a long day and being happy to see me gave me butterflies. I'd missed her so much since we'd been fighting, I hated feeling like I couldn't talk to her and knowing she was mad at me. But seeing that she was happy to see me, that things were okay between us, made me happier than I could ever remember being.

"I am." I smiled as I walked into the kitchen kissed her cheek before I took a seat at the counter, watching her as she prepared random things for dinner. "It smells amazing in here. What are we having? I'm starving."

"Well I wanted to make something I knew you'd like, so I remembered that time you told me about how much you missed Sunday roast while you were on tour. I'm sure it won't be the same as in England, but I'm even making Yorkshire pudding so I hope it's okay." She said nervously.

"I like everything you make, Bear." I smiled. "But I guess it's a good thing it's just me here then in case you disgrace my entire heritage."

"Shut up! I'm actually worried about it." She laughed as she threw a dish towel at me. "I've done Sunday roast before obviously but it might be different here than it is in England."

"Hails, I'm sure it'll be amazing." I reassured her. "I'm gonna hop in the shower. Unless you need help?"

"No, it should be ready soon. Go shower, you stink." She teased.