Savage

Harry's POV

I woke up to the sound of birds chirping, the sun streaming in from the window and hitting me in the face as Hailey's naked body laid pressed against mine. I hadn't even opened my eyes before the smile crossed my face at the realization that last night actually happened and I hadn't dreamt it. She was really there, in my arms and sound asleep, and everything that I'd been fantasizing about since the day I met her had actually happened.

It had been the most amazing night of my life for so many reasons. I think every night I spent with her was the new best night of my life, and sitting with her under the stars as we ate burgers and talked had been something so simple, but those were the nights I cherished. I loved just talking to her, listening to the way her brain worked, hearing her make fun of me and talk shit with her smart ass mouth. She treated me in a way that nobody else did, not afraid to hurt my feelings or piss me off, she was unapologetically herself, and it was by far my favorite thing about her.

I loved the way she would randomly strip down and run into a lake, or spontaneously burst out into song in the middle of the grocery store. It was that unpredictability that kept life interesting, and I was constantly wondering what she would do next to keep me on my toes. Whatever it was, I knew that I would follow her just like I always did, always ready and willing to join her on any adventure, no matter how big or small. Hailey was an adventure in herself, her wild spirit calling out to me and bringing out the best in me. It was like she could make me fly, yet keep my feet firmly planted on the ground at the same time. She grounded me, made me feel at home, but took at the same time took me places I'd never been before.

I wasn't sure what I thought was gonna happen when I followed her into the shower, all I knew what that I wanted to be close to her. I always did. Ever since that night we had the conversation about not over thinking things, I'd been doing my best not to think further ahead than the next day. So far, it had been working and Hails and I had just fallen into a completely natural and normal pattern. I'd let my feelings lead me wherever I needed to go, and apparently that was into the shower with Hailey.

I knew the second she looked at me, right before she took off her bra, that we had reached a level that could change things. I'd kind of known it was coming, feeling the passion between us growing as we got more physical with each other day by day. Our kisses had become deeper, hands roamed a little longer, and my feelings for her had continued to grow with each passing second. Just when I thought I couldn't possibly be any more into her, she'd prove me wrong and show me that I could.

Last night had been, by far, without question, the most passionate night of my life. We'd spent the entire night wrapped up in each other, completely lost in the feelings we'd both never experienced with anybody else. I'd never felt that level of intimacy, knowing that I could do or say whatever I wanted, fully trusting her with every inch of my body and soul. For the first time in my life I was truly naked with another person, feeling closer to Hailey than I'd ever been in my entire life.

The ironic thing was, that I felt that way long before we ever had sex. I'd felt close to Hailey in a way I'd never felt with anyone else, that I could say or do things with her that I'd never be comfortable with otherwise. She brought something out in me, saw who I really was without any of the other bullshit getting in the way, and forced me to look at my life for what it really was. She had seen my naked soul long before she ever saw my naked body.

I stared out the window, running my fingertips up and down the smooth skin of her back that was exposed from the sheet that was resting over our hips, enjoying the feeling of her skin pressed against mine. I smiled to myself as I recalled the things we'd spent the night doing, the way we'd effortlessly shifted from something slow and passionate to something raw and aggressive. We'd now been naked together in every way possible, exploring the various sides of our sexual personalities and discovering that we were compatible in more ways than one. I couldn't think of a single aspect of being with her that wasn't perfect, and I felt a slight ache in my heart at the thought that things wouldn't always be this way.