Rooms

Harry's POV

"Are you watching?" Cash asked his dad excitedly as he held his little putter in his hand.

"I'm watching bud, let's see." Ryan chuckled as Cash carefully lined up his shot and sunk his ball into the hole.

"Nice shot, little man." Finn smiled as he held out his hand for a high-five.

Ryan, Finn, Cash, Robin and I had been golfing for most of the morning, enjoying some boys time while the girls were in Banff. Sam was supposed to go with them but ended up having to work, so she offered to watch Sophia while we played a round of golf.

I'd been wondering what Hailey was doing since the moment she left, and couldn't believe how much I'd missed her in the past 24 hours. It was the first time since I'd arrived in Lily Ridge that I'd actually missed my cell phone, wishing I could text her or call her to hear her voice. I even contemplated turning it on, but I knew as soon as I did I'd be bombarded with all of the things I'd been trying to escape.

The five of us had lunch in the clubhouse before we headed back to my place, finding Sam and Sophia sitting on the couch gazing adoringly at each other.

"You do have to give her back, fair warning." Ryan laughed as Cash hopped up onto the couch to say hello to his little sister.

"But I don't want to." Sam whined. "Finn, I want one."

"Thanks bro, see what you've done?" Finn said as he playfully hit Ryan.

I just laughed at the two of them as the house phone rang, and I hurried into the kitchen to grab it. The call display read "Fairmont Hotel" so I smiled to myself thinking it was hopefully Hailey.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hello, Sir. My name is Tyler, and I am the Manager at the Fairmont Hotel in Banff." He said politely.

I felt my heart drop for a minute, worried that something might be wrong, as I tried to figure out why he'd be calling me. I hadn't given my name when I made the reservation, just the contact number and an alias, so I was immediately concerned.

"Yes...my family stayed there last night. Is everything alright?"

"I was just calling to apologize for the incident last night, I assure you that there will be no cost for the damaged attire, and we have waived the styling fee for the evening." He said, doing his best to make up for whatever had happened.

"I'm sorry...incident?" I asked.

"Oh, I assume they haven't told you yet...there was an incident yesterday evening with the sprinklers on the back lawn. They are timed to come on at midnight, and the attendant is to check that there are no guests out there before they go on, the ladies were crossing the lawn as they came on and I'm afraid it ruined their dresses."

I couldn't help the chuckle that left my mouth as I pictured the four of them walking across the lawn at midnight and getting caught in the sprinklers. I had a sneaking suspicion that they weren't just going for a midnight stroll, and I was 100% sure that Hailey had already pulled them into some kind of mischief long before the sprinklers came on.

"It's no worries at all." I assured him. "These things happen."

"I just wanted to let you know that the charges were not applied to your bill at check-out, and we would like to offer you a free stay any time you wish to return."

"Thank you, I appreciate that. So they have checked out?" I asked.

"Yes. About two hours ago, sir."