Rainman

Hailey's POV

"Bout time!" Sam laughed as Kelsey hurried over to us and slid into the booth next to me, waving over at Max along the way.

"Sorry! Work is insane today, I didn't think I was gonna make it out of there." She said quickly as she pulled off her jacket, sounding a little flustered.

"Don't worry about it, I ordered your lunch already." I smiled.

"I always knew you were my favorite sister." She said as she playfully nudged me. "So, what's new? I feel like we haven't had lunch in forever."

"Well it's only been two weeks, and since nothing ever happens in this town I have no news to report." Sam laughed as she took a sip of her water.

"Okay, so Sam's boring." Kelsey laughed before turning to me. "What about you? I saw Harry last night, he said you two had a good hike."

I couldn't help the smile that spread across my face from the way she was looking at me. She's made it no secret that she'd noticed how good looking he was, and the way she was wiggling her eyebrows at me made me laugh out loud.

"It was good. We went up to Cedar Peak, he loved it. It was nice to see how excited he was, I think he loves it up there just as much as me." I smiled as Max arrived with our food and set it down in front of us.

"Wait...who's Harry?" Sam asked as she cut her burger in half, looking confused.

"Oh you don't know? Hails has a super hot new neighbor for the summer." Kelsey grinned as Sam looked over at me.

"Excuse me? How did you not tell me this!" She scolded as she threw a french fry at me. "How hot are we talking? And you guys went hiking? How am I so out of the loop!?"

"We just went yesterday, relax." I laughed. "I'd seen him around a couple of times, but I hadn't really talked to him until he came over to help Ry with that tree in my back yard. He's really sweet."

"He's British." Kelsey added. "He's so polite and nice. Total gentleman, and completely oblivious to how adorable he is. And don't even get me started on the dimples."

"Does my brother know you're in love with my neighbor?" I laughed.

"Ry loves him just as much as I do, we have an understanding. We've discussed it." She laughed. "He came over for poker last night. Cash is obsessed with him, didn't wanna go to bed. He wants Harry to get Batman pajamas so they match."

"Okay, that's not the most adorable thing I've ever heard or anything." Sam smiled. "I gotta meet this guy."

"Looks like you might get your chance...speak of the devil." Kelsey smiled as she nodded out the window.

Sure enough, Harry had just come out of the café and was about to walk right past the window of the diner. He was wearing a plain black t-shirt and a pair of white basketball shorts, his sunglasses pushing the hair off his face as he smiled at everyone he passed and said hello.

"Shut. Up." Sam said as he got closer. "That's him?"

Before I could say anything, he was passing the window of the diner and Kelsey leaned across me to knock on the glass. Harry looked up and saw us, smiling and waving as Kelsey motioned for him to come in. He smiled before he turned and made his way to the entrance, Kelsey smirking over at me as he came over to us.

"Fancy meeting you here." He smiled as he leaned down to kiss Kelsey on the cheek, before leaning over and doing the same to me.

"Harry this is Hailey's best friend, Samantha." Kelsey introduced them and Harry shot her a big smile.