Stargazing

Harry's POV

"What the hell is this!?" Samantha scoffed as she pointed to the empty cup in my hand. "Fill that shit up!"

I laughed as she grabbed the bottle of tequila and lined up a bunch of shots on the table, obviously already drunk from her birthday celebrations. Music was echoing through Sam and Finn's back yard as everyone stood around playing games and laughing amongst themselves. Hailey and I had arrived about an hour earlier and Sam had started drinking long before we got there, Finn just shaking his head and laughing as she danced around in her little birthday hat someone had given her.

I looked over to see her glaring at me, motioning to my cup, so I put my hands up in surrender before I poured myself another drink. She smiled widely in satisfaction as I held it up to her as proof, and she giggled as she came over and linked her arm with mine.

"Now, Harry. You and me are gonna do some shots and then completely destroy Hails and Finn at beer pong." She said as she looked over at them, both of them rolling their eyes at her. "I think they actually think they can beat us."

"Well, I can't speak for Harry but you're not the best at beer pong on a regular day, and considering how trashed you are I think it's pretty safe to say we can take you." Finn laughed.

"Bring it." Sam scoffed, throwing her head back to emphasize her point before she turned back around and started handing out the shots of tequila.

I looked over at Hailey and smiled as she just shook her head at her best friend who had already given us each a shot and was now handing us each another.

"How drunk are you trying to get me?" I laughed as I held a shot in each hand.

"As drunk as me." She giggled as I playfully bumped her with my hip. "Okay, let's make a toast. Who wants to go?"

Hailey smirked over at me, and I knew she was about to suggest me.

"Why doesn't Harry do it? I mean, he's so good with words he must make speeches all the time." She laughed and I rolled my eyes at her.

Suddenly they were all looking at me and I couldn't help but laugh. Hailey knew damn well I'd made a lot of speeches in my life, but she just thought she was hilarious as she cackled to herself. I just smiled as I held up my two shots, smirking at her as I spoke.

"Sam, I hope your birthday has been all that you deserve. Happy Birthday, love. To friendship, new adventures, and hopefully not feeling like complete shit tomorrow." I said before taking down the shots, one after the other, while everyone else followed suit.

I laughed out loud as I saw Hailey's face as she finished her shot, looking like she could throw up on the spot. We all put our shot glasses back down on the table and I threw my arm around her as we walked over to the beer pong table, starting to feel a little buzzed off the drinks I'd already had and knowing it wouldn't be too long before I was fully drunk after the tequila.

"I fucking hate tequila." She said in disgust as she tried to get the taste out of her mouth with the beer in her hand.

"I quite like it, it's often my drink of choice." I smiled.

"Why doesn't that surprise me?" She laughed as we approached the table and she smiled up at me. "You ready to get your ass kicked, Styles?"

"Oh I don't know about that, I've played some serious beer pong in my day." I said confidently as I looked down at her.

"Well I guess we'll find out won't we?" She smirked. "Friends off for the next hour. I need to go mentally prepare and get my game face on."

I just smiled as she turned and headed to the other end of the table where Finn was waiting for her, both of them immediately starting to discuss their strategy. Sam pulled me back over to our end as we began filling up our cups in preparation for the game and Hailey tried to intimidate me from the other end of the table.