Gravel

Hailey's POV

"Harry!" I yelled as I fell backwards and landed on my ass, people immediately starting to push past me to get to Harry as I struggled to even get up.

I could hear him screaming for me, yelling for people to move as I kept getting shoved from all angles which made it impossible for me to get up. Every time I got to my knees I'd get knocked over, and after a few seconds I felt a very direct kick to my side that knocked the wind out of me. It wasn't until another one followed a few seconds later that I realized it was deliberate.

I felt my hair being pulled as someone shouted at me, but I was unable to make out what was being said over the screaming and shouting. My heart was pounding in my chest as I frantically looked around for any sign of help, feeling myself panic as I continued to get stepped on and kicked as the sea of people pushed above me. I caught a glimpse of Harry as one of the security guards tried to grab him and force him into the car, but he shoved him off and started desperately pushing people out of the way as he tried to get to me.

I knew he couldn't see me as his eyes frantically searched the crowd, unsure of which direction to go as he and Steve tried to shove people to the side. I was continuously being knocked over to the point that I stopped trying to get up, which just meant I was just being further shoved down into the concrete as it scraped into the flesh of my hands and knees.

"Hailey!" Harry yelled a few feet away from me as I felt something begin to rise inside of me.

Before I even realized what I was doing, I began throwing my body into peoples legs around me, shoving my arms out in all directions as I tried to push anyone around me out of the way so I could get up. I was being shoved from side to side as I was able to shift onto my feet, still stuck in a crouching position as people above me continued to push all around me. I stood up with as much force as I could, not caring who I hit or knocked over on the way, and finally was able to get to my feet.

I looked up to see Harry's eyes meet mine, and he began frantically throwing elbows at anyone in his way so he could get to me. I began to do the same, shoving everyone between us out of the way as I did my best to reach him, not knowing what else to do. People grabbed and pulled at him as he shoved his way through, his face looking angry and determined as he pushed his way closer and closer.

Steve appeared and began to shove people out of the way in front of Harry, making it easier for him to reach me as he continued to scream at anyone in his way.

"MOVE!" He yelled. "Get the fuck out of my way! Hails! I'm right here!"

He reached me in a matter of seconds, though it felt like hours, and I desperately reached for him as he finally approached me. I kept stumbling forward, almost falling to the ground again until I finally felt a strong hand grip my wrist. He immediately pulled me up and into him before he quickly turned back toward the car and shoved anybody in the way, using his elbows to push us through as he held me firmly against him.

Just as we were approaching the car, a man with a camera stepped in front of the car door and the flashes from his camera were blinding as I tired to shield my eyes. Without even hesitating, I felt Harry remove one arm from me and watched him throw his fist into the man's jaw, immediately dropping him to the ground. He picked me up and lifted me into the car, before jumping in behind me and slamming the door behind us.

"GO!" He yelled at the driver as Steve jumped into the front seat, motioning for him to get us the hell out of there.

My heart was racing as he wrapped his arms around me, and I clung to him as the car finally started to move. People were still screaming and pounding on the windows as the police waved us through, Harry not paying any attention to anything except me as he held me, telling me everything was okay and placing reassuring kisses to my head. I wasn't even sure I'd processed what had happened, I just knew my adrenaline was pumping faster than ever before and it wasn't the good kind.