Calum- Heavy Bass

Collab with Niallisababe2010. Here we go!

-----

It was 3 weeks until the first show of 5 Seconds Of Summer's next world tour. They had released an album 2 months ago and were now getting ready to perform it live, to audiences of thousands every night. Today was the start of their second week of rehearsals and it was already almost too much fun. They couldn't wait to see what the crowds were going to be like, they were always amazing.

They were in the middle of practicing Long Way Home and Calum was a little more than annoyed. It had been a terrible day for Calum as his muscles have been hurting him since this morning because he did a massive arm workout yesterday in his gym session, and he was now regretting it.. His bass felt heavier than normal and that was most definitely not OK. He'd been waiting to take the darn thing off since they started and he usually never wanted to take it off.

As soon as he could take it off he did, feeling exhausted. He went backstage and took it off, walking over to the couch they had backstage, flopping down and falling straight to sleep. The lads, Michael especially, had seen how exhausted Calum looked and so, once they had their food and were sat down, Mikey brought it up.

'Do you guys think Calum looks tired?' He asks the other two, who were both tucking into their pizza.

'Yeah, he looks really sore as well. Do you guys know why?' Ashton asks.

'I do.' Luke says.

'Why is that?' Ashton asks suspiciously.

'Hey, don't blame me, it wasn't my fault!' Luke says, dropping his pizza on his plate and putting his hands up as if Ashton is pointing a gun at his head.

'Who said I was?' Ashton says.

'No one.' Michael interrupts the argument, waving his hands in between the death stares that the two were giving each other. 'Now Luke, can you please tell us why Calum looks so tired and sore?'

'Oh yeah, he did a really intense arm workout yesterday.' Luke answers.

'That's all.' Ashton says in disbelief.

'You know Calum's never been very strong in his arms, he's just trying to improve that.' Michael says.

'Yeah, whatever.' Ashton says. 'Now eat up, we've got to get back to rehearsals in ten minutes.'

Ten minutes later Ashton went to wake up Calum, while the other two went back to the stage. It took a while for Calum to wake up groaning. Once he realises where he is he gets up straight away and grabs his bass to play the next half of their rehearsals. This is when things started to go wrong for the Kiwi boy.

Calum picks up his bass and goes to raise it above his head, to put it on. But instead it slips through his very tired hands and falls, right onto his left foot. Calum lets out a less than manly scream, alerting the lads and getting them running when they see him jumping up and down, clutching his foot.

'What happened Cal?' Ashton asked calmly to a screaming Calum.

'I-I-I DR-DROPPED M-M-MY BASS ON MY FOOT' Calum screamed, pointing at the bass, which was laying on the floor, snapped in half. Everyone knew it was serious because the Kiwi boy never screams or cries when he is in pain.

'We have to go to the hospital as fast as we can.' Luke screamed in panic because of all people Luke was scared the most as he has a lot of panic attacks when it comes to these things.

'What about my bass?' Calum asks.

'We'll get you a new one. Now, Michael go and get ice as fast as you can without injuring yourself and I'll carry him to the car' Ashton ordered. Michael nodded and followed Ashton orders. Ashton picked up Calum bridal style to the passenger seat in the front, so that he could check on Cal to make sure he was okay. Michael came back with ice and a crying Luke.

'Right Calum hold your foot still and put the ice pack on your foot. Michael and Luke hop in the back.' Ashton demands, jumping in the driver's seat. He steps on the gas, not bothering to check whether everyone has their seatbelts on. He drives them to the local hospital as quick as he can, being reckless and un-Ashton-like.

Luckily they got there safely, without the police chasing them and pulling them over for reckless driving. Once they got a park Ashton picked up Calum bridal style once again and ran him into the hospital, Michael and Luke following. The receptionist saw Calum and ran to get him a wheelchair, telling a nurse to get him into the X-ray room as quick as possible. The nurse guided the band down the halls to one of the X-ray rooms and told them to wait for a doctor.

About five minutes later a doctor comes in with a few nurses. The nurses move Calum into place for the X-ray, despite his pained whines. The nurses left the room as Calum was having the X-ray. After the X-ray was done that's when the 5SOS lads saw the damage that was done. Calum had broke his foot.

'He will have to be in a moon boot for 6 weeks and then he will have to come back to have more x-rays. He will then either be out of that boot or he will need to be in it for another 2 weeks, until it heals properly.' The doctor explains.

Rehearsals afterwards weren't quite the same. For the first 2 weeks Calum didn't move from the spot throughout each rehearsal, but on the final week he started moving around a slight bit more. By the first concert, he was ready and had a great time, despite the massive boot on his leg that was slowing him down. The fans, on twitter, were supportive and caring for Calum, sending their love and gratitude as always. Once the 6 weeks were over he did get the moon boot off and he was back to running up and down the stage and having so much fun.

Hey Guys,

Thanks for reading. Thanks to Niallisababe2010 for collabing with me, you are awesome. I know that, according to my schedule this part was ment to be the start of Stupid Stomach but I don't care, It'll start in one of the next ones.

Here's a little message from Niallisababe2010 herself: It's me Niallisababe2010. I loved collaborating with AshleyAshtonIrwin on this chapter and I hope to do another chapter with her. She is amazing and you guys should follow her. Love Always. Niallisababe2010

You should.

Bye for now,

Alexis :D