Calum- Small Throat

A new beautiful collaboration with Niallisababe2010 and JoeMcMassive. Another that had been left for a while.

-----

Calum's throat hurt. Not just, 'I'll drink some tea and it'll go away' type of hurt. No it was, 'I'm gonna die today' type of hurt. It hurt to talk, it hurt to sing. Heck, it even hurt to laugh. This put Calum in a sour mood. Today, thankfully, was a kind of slack day. They had a few interviews and a soundcheck for the next day's concert but that was it and Calum was glad. He could probably slack in the interviews, as long as he told the boys about his throat.

"Luke, I'm not feeling the best." Calum croaked, plopping down next to Luke on the couch.

"What hurts?" Luke asked, not believing Calum much. He'd pulled a stunt like this before and Luke was wary when it Calum to letting Calum off.

"My throat is killing me." Calum admitted. Luke stared him down intensely before shaking his head.

"You pulled this stunt not too long ago Cal, don't expect me to fall for it again." Luke stated before standing up. Calum sighed, there was no point going to the other two if Luke didn't believe him, they were even harder to convince. So he decided not to say much and just try to deal with it on his own, in fear of making them mad at him.

He walked through to the kitchen to get a tea, hoping to somewhat soothe his throat, which was on fire. Once he had the hot drink in his hands, he sat at the table and took a few sips. It stung his throat as it slipped down but it tasted good.

"Come on! We have an interview!" Ashton shouted, his voice echoing around the place. Calum groaned quietly. An interview means he has to talk and he wasn't sure if his throat would handle it. They all climbed into the car, Calum taking a seat in the far back, on his own.

When they arrived there, the interviewer came to greet them, shaking their hand. He pulled back quickly from Calum, feeling the boy's clammy hand. He asked whether Calum was okay and Calum croaked out that he just had a sore throat, nothing huge. The interviewer promised not to make him talk too much.

The interview went okay, all except for the other three sending Calum some dirty looks, probably as he wasn't talking much. Calum tried not to make eye contact with the other three as the interview continued. He started agreeing occasionally with the lads, getting their glares off him momentarily.

When the interview had finished, Calum stayed behind the lads while they shook the interviewer's hand, thanking him. Once the three had left the room, Calum went over and thanked the interviewer as well as he could. The interviewer said it was not a bother, he saw the glares that the lads were giving him and he didn't think he deserved them. Calum apologised before he was taken away by one of his staff, off to the next destination.

The lads were already in the car and waiting for Calum. They had taken the middle seats, leaving the back free. Not wanting to be around them while they were mad at him, he climbed into the back and put in his earphones. He picked a song, then leaned his head against the window, ignoring his band.

They didn't talk to Calum for the journey, instead talking between themselves in low voices. When the car pulled up outside the venue, they all got out, still not talking to Calum. As he got out, they turned their backs. They were really mad at the bassist.

He decided to hang around and wait for them to go in before him, as he couldn't deal with walking right next to them, listening to them joke around, and knowing that he couldn't join in. So he stayed where he was while they walked into the building. The three boys didn't even notice Calum wasn't there.