Calum- We're Trapped

A collab with the amazing JoeMcMassive

---

The lad of 5 Seconds Of Summer had just finished an awesome show in London. The crowd had been as amazing as always, singing along and cheering. The posters were awesome as well, some funny, some just plain great. The lads were now headed back to the hotel, but it wasn't the best of nights. It was storming, as in lightning and thunder storming. They were lucky that they could all get to sleep anywhere, because otherwise they would have some trouble in this weather.

On the journey back, the storm had proved interesting to the boys, but it caused a little trouble. Getting into the hotel was easy as there was next to no fans hanging around and the boys were thankful of that as they were all tired. Luke and Ashton, the fitter pair of the band, obviously, as they opted for the stairs to get up to their room, which was only two floors up. Calum and Michael, however, was an entirely different story.

They decided it would be a good idea to get the elevator, as they were both still exhausted from rocking their asses off at the concert. They raced for the button like a pair of three-year-olds, resulting in them banging heads as Michael pressed the button. It took a minute, but the elevator finally arrived and the two hopped in. Calum pressed the button for the second floor and the two watched the lobby disappear behind the closing doors. It began to move, slowly, upwards and the two boys were panting from their tiny race.

"We are so unfit." Michael gasped, laughing a bit. Calum nodded in agreement as the elevator came to a stop. Expecting it to be at their floor, Calum walked blindly forward, but the doors had stayed shut and he walked into them. Like any good friend would, Michael stood there and laughed at him. Suddenly, the lights turned off, and Michael's laughter was cut short.

"Shit." Michael cursed. "I think we're stuck."

Michael expected some sassy comment like "Thanks for pointing that out, Mr Obvious." from his bandmate but none of the like were heard. Looking towards Calum, Michael noticed that he was standing frozen, breathing heavily and faster than normal. His facial expression was one of pure panic as his backed away from the door slowly, pushing himself into a corner and sliding down, head in his hands as his body started to tremble with tears.

Michael watched in confusion as his band mate sat on the floor, crying hard into his hands. It took a few seconds before the realised hit Michael. Calum's claustrophobic. Michael was not very good in these situations and had no clue what to do, but he did know who would. Fishing around in his pockets, the guitarist began to search for his phone, an annoyed look crossing his face when it wasn't there. He vaguely remembered putting it in Ashton's bag, which, funnily enough, was with Ashton.

He kneeled down next to Calum, whispering some encouraging and soothing words as well ad warning him that he was going to take his phone. He slowly slipped it out of Calum's pocket, putting the pass code in as he continued to reassure his bandmate that everything was going to be alright. Opening the phone, Michael went to Calum's contact and searched for Ashton's name, clicking the call icon.

It took only a few rings before the voice of the drummer was heard, slightly concerned as the two still weren't there.

"Hello? Cal where are you?" Ashton asked.

"No this is Mike. I need you to help Calum, the elevator got stuck and he's panicking." Was all Michael said before he put the phone on loudspeaker and spoke to Calum.

"Cal? This is Ashton, talk to Ashton." Michael said gently, keeping his distance from the kiwi, who glanced up at the mention of Ashton's name, although he was still crying.

"Ash?" Calum whimpered, looking absolutely desperate.

"Calum. I'm here buddy. I'm going to help you." Ashton informed his crying bandmate.

"Help." Calum repeated, his voice barely above a whimper.

"Listen to me Calum. I need you to take a deep breath in." Ashton instructed soothingly. Calum followed his instructions. "Now breath out."

This process repeated over and over again until Calum calmed down enough that he was able to speak clearly.

"Can you get us out of here? Please?" Calum spoke to Ashton but looked at Michael, still curled up in a ball, still looking desperate.

"I'll get Luke to get help." Ashon told them. They heard Ashton call for Luke and instruct him to do downstairs and ask for help at reception.

Over the phone, Calum heard footsteps retreating and that comforted him slightly as he knew Luke would do his best to get him out of there. Ashton was still talking to Calum gently over the phone, making sure he stayed calm and didn't panic again.

About five minutes later the lights turned back on and the elevator started moving again. Michael, Ashton and Calum let out a collective sigh, knowing that they would be alright. Ashton ran down the hallway while Michael helped Calum up, waiting for the elevator doors to open. As soon as the doors opened, Ashton engulfed the two in a hug, Luke joining then a few seconds after from another elevator.

"Well, that was an experience."

Hey Guys,

THAT WAS THE QUICKEST COLLAB I HAVE EVER DONE! Seriously, we got this done in like 40 minutes. Outline and all.

Bye for now,

Alexis :D