CALM- Sickly Songs

This is a collab that me and Niallisababe2010 have done for AmmoHemmo's 5SOS School but it's a sickfic so I've decided to put it up here as well.

------

Writing and recording new albums was always fun for 5 Seconds Of Summer. They were always excited to make new music, they all had a great passion for it. But sometimes that passion can be dampened, like when all four of them are sick with a cold. It had started with Michael, who had walked home in the pouring rain after a writing session, and had travelled to Luke, then Calum and yesterday, Ashton had caught the dreaded bug. The four lads were a sniffling, sneezing and coughing mess.

Today was the first of many where the four lads were meant to be recording their new album, A New Era. Calum had gotten out of bed an extra half hour earlier as he knew at least that amount of time would be wasted sneezing while he got ready, so he was on time. Ashton was only 5 minutes late, as he had gotten out of bed on time and minimised the amount of time wasted on sickness be taking cough drops every 5 minutes.

Michael stumbled through the door, sneezing his head off, 15 minutes later. Ashton went to get up and help but he started having a sneezing fit as well. The two kept sneezing while Calum tried to get up and help, but his head was killing him and he didn't want it to hurt even more. Luke comes into the studio while the two were sneezing and he is confused but helps the two calm down by giving them some water and sitting them down.

Once the two were calmed down they started to work on album, well, they tried to anyways. But the two sickies were having sneezing fits every minute and Calum's headache had turned into a migraine. Calum wasn't going to tell the lads though, as they already had enough to worry about, they didn't need his burden as well. It was Luke's turn to record so he told Calum to look after the two.

Everything was going good until Calum let out a groan, which got all heads looking at him. Calum tried to brush it off as nothing, but the boys didn't believe him. They got him to lay down and go to sleep, before Luke goes back to recording while the others drink some warm water to try and calm their throats. Eventually, Michael swaps with Luke in the recording booth after Luke starts having a coughing fit.

Calum wakes up a short while later, his headache reduced. It was time to record the most impressive song of the album by far, 'Killing Time'. This song was similar to 'Castaway', but with more feature on the amazing long notes that the lads can pull. The lads were kind of dreading recording this song today, since all of them had sore throats that were not going to go down well with the long notes.

Ashton went first, as he only had a few lines in the song and two notes. He did well, but had to retry the notes a couple of times since his voice cut out. Next was Michael, who ended up sneezing into the mic at least 50 times in his time in the recording booth, but still got his verse and notes down packed by the end of the hour. Then came Calum, who almost had to stop due to his head killing him again but got through it.

Finally it was Luke's turn once again. He stepped into the recording booth and got through his two verses pretty well, only having to redo them twice. He took a break to drink some warm water due to his throat starting to hurt, but got right back to it. He had finished most of his long notes, he was on his final one. He started off good before his voice cut out, completely. He tried again but nothing came out.

Luke had lost his voice.

The boys decided it was time to pack up and go home, they'd do it another day when they were all feeling a bit better. They head back to their respective houses, all grabbing some medicine and pain relief before going to bed and relaxing, then going to sleep. The lads were feeling better a few days later and finished their album, which they released a month later. It was their biggest record yet.

Hey Guys,

There it is. No I will not tell you the purpose of the last part. Just go vote. One of you knows. You do and message me if you do bc I need to make sure.

Also, thanks for 4.6k reads and 273 votes and 287 comments. This book is growing so fast! You guys are amazing. I love you all. Stay Happy.

Bye fore now,

Alexis :D