Calum- Gaping Hole (Part 2)

Part 2 to the awesome collab with BamItsAshton94_Irwin.

------

In the morning, Ashton was the first one to awaken at 9:30am in the morning. He had slept with Luke as Luke hadn't been able to sleep because of nightmares. Ashton detangled himself from Luke and got dressed, deciding to let him sleep more because he hadn't been able to get a goodnight's sleep in weeks because of his nightmares. Once he was dressed, Ashton went across the hall and checked on Michael, seeing him asleep before heading down to the car and driving to the hospital.

When Ashton arrived at the hospital he parked up before heading to the reception asking about Calum. The doctor the boys saw yesterday was busy filling forms in that looked like Calum's, from what Ashton could see from peeking over the reception. He looked away when the doctor looked up from his paperwork.

"Can I help..." The doctor started before he took a moment to realize it was Ashton that was there yesterday with the other lads. "Oh I remember you. You were here yesterday weren't you? Have you come to see Calum?"

"Yeah, I was here yesterday. And yes I've come to see Calum" Ashton replied before the doctor came out from the reception and shook Ashton's hand, before continuing to speak.

"Calum is now in a coma. You may see him now but it would probably be best if you inform your other friends" Ashton nodded and followed the doctor back to Calum's room. Seeing Calum lying in the same position as yesterday, but now in a coma, Ashton had a cheeky idea. Going was to prank the other two by saying he was dead. He is a meanie and he knows it.

Ashton took his phone out of his pocket, clicking Luke's contact, getting ready to call it, making sure he was ready to put on his best fake cry. He pressed the call button and put the call on speaker.

"Hello?" Luke said, tiredly. Ashton guessing he had only just got out of bed.

"L-luke?" Ashton asked, pretending to cry and putting an arm to his mouth before laughing into it. He knew this plan would go so good.

"Ash?" Luke asked, fully awake.

"Lu-ke, y-you h-have got to get Mi-ch-ael up-p right-t now-w" Ashton stuttered his words, letting out a few fake sniffles.

"What why? Where even are you Ash? Ash are you crying?" Luke asked, desperate for Ashton to tell him where he was.

"I-i'm at the hos-pi-tal, y-you ha-ve to co-me, it's Cal-um"

"Ash, what's wrong with Calum?"

"He's, he's"

"He's what Ash?"

"He's dead Luke! He's literally dead! The doctors couldn't save him!" Ashton said, pretending he broke down in tears, making it sound as if he was actually crying his eyes out, letting out a giggles into his arm, making sure Luke couldn't hear them.

"OMG! ASH STAY THERE I'M GETTING MICHAEL!" Luke shouted down the phone, making Ashton move the phone from his ear.

"Ash, it's me. What do you mean Calum is dead?" Michael asked, concerned.

"He's litterally dead! Mikey he's actually DEAD!" Ashton spoke.

"Ash calm down ok? We're on our way. Are you sure this is actually real? Have you asked the doctor or are you just seeing him looking like he's dead?" Michael asked, knowing how Ashton sometimes gets mistaken for things when he doesn't have his glasses.

"I'm pretty sure its the truth" Ashton whispered away from the phone, before actually telling Michael the truth.

"Ok, I can't bare too..." Ashton started to speak before he got cut off by Luke saying

"Stay there Ash, we're on our way"

"Guys wait!" Ashton said before the call was ended. He knew he was in deep shit now. Ashton sat down on one of the chairs next to Calum's bed, holding his head in his hands. He gripped and pulled at his hair as he sat waiting for his bandmates to arrive. He knew they'd be mad and he wished he wasn't so stupid. He wished he'd known that this was going to happen. But he knew he had to fess up to his mistakes.

The steady beeping of Calum's heart monitor was no longer steady, it was getting slower and slower. It took Ashton a few seconds to notice but when he did he immediately pushed the doctor call button. Almost immediately there were two nurses coming into the room, assessing what was going on, asking Ashton questions and then the doctor entered the room. Almost immediately after Ashton was being pushed out of the room as a single, drawn out beep was heard from the heart monitor.

Ashton stood outside the door shocked for a second before turning and running down the hallway. He didn't want this to be real. He'd only been joking about this earlier but now it seemed as if it was a reality. Tears running down his face, real ones this time, Ashton ran out of the hallways and into the main waiting room at the front of the hospital. He sat down on a chair, sobbing his heart out, not noticing his bandmates running through the doors towards him.

Luke and Michael spotted Ashton and ran towards him, sitting down on either side of him, trying to calm him down. Ashton started ranting about something through his sobs, but all Luke could understand of what he was saying was "I'm sorry", which was repeated many times during his rant. Luke looked over at Michael, who seemed to be understanding what Ashton was saying. Luke gave Michael a questioning expression.

"He had originally pranked us by saying Calum's dead but after you hung up Calum's heart monitor started to slow and he pressed the doctor call button and the doctors pushed him out of the room as he heard the long beep and now he thinks that Calum is actually dead." Michael explained, tears starting to run down his face once again. Luke sat there, mouth wide open at what Michael had just told him.

"W-what?" Luke asked, confusion and utter hopelessness lacing his voice. Michael sighed, he didn't want to have to explain it again. Luke put a hand up as to stop Michael from speaking, he knew what had been said, it was just hard to process all the new information.

"I'm sorry. So sorry." Ashton whimpered, looking up at Luke. Luke nodded, not completely forgiving Ashton but silently acknowledging that it wasn't completely his fault and that he didn't need to apologize.

"Are you the friends of Calum Hood?" A doctor which the lads hadn't seen before asked. Michael nodded, confirming the guess of the doctor. The doctor sighed, keeping a straight face which gave the lads no clues as to what she was going to tell them about Calum.

"Mr Hood's heart failed but we were able to get him back. The good thing is, he's conscious again, which means you can all go in and see him if you want." The doctor smiled at the three as they all hopped up from their seats, ecstatic to see their friend again. The three followed the doctor down the halls towards Calum's room, stopping outside the door.

"I must tell you before you go in though, Calum may be sleepy and not quite in it. He will have to stay overnight so we can check to see whether there are any other side effects." The doctor explained. The three lads agreed and the doctor opened the door, allowing the three inside Calum's room. Calum was sitting up with a smile on his face as his original doctor told him a few last things before leaving the room.

"CALUM!" Luke yelled, running over and engulfing Calum in a hug. Calum hesitantly hugged back, a confused look on his face. "Calum?"

"I'm so sorry but, who are you? And who are your friends?" Calum asked. All of their faces fell, each of them looking at a different part of the room and away from Calum. Calum didn't remember who they were. Is that what the doctors had meant by Calum not being quite in it? A loud laughter was heard and the three lads looked at Calum, who was laughing his head off. "You're faces. You guys really are idiots. Do you really think I'd ever forget you?"

Hey Guys,

I was going to kill Calum, but I'd already done that and doing it twice would just make people think that I hate him. I don't I just like making people die and then making other people cry because of it. I'm evil. I'm a Slytherin, it's in my DNA. meh.

Bye for now,

Alexis :D