Michael- Smashed Glass

Okay, this is a personal one for myself, about something that has happened to me. This is mostly true, I might change it here and there to make relate it more to 5sos, but it'll be moderately the same. I'll put a short summary of my story at the end.

------

A few weeks ago, the lads of 5 Seconds Of Summer had had a party at their band house in LA. Nothing too big, just 20 or so of their close friends and fellow musicians. But the party was big enough that, at the end of the night, after everyone had left, Luke managed to break one of the beer bottles that he was cleaning up. Ashton made him sweep up the glass as best as he could and the lads thought all was good.

Well, obviously it was not. The next morning, Michael was first up and was rushing to the toilet when he stood on something sharp. He didn't realise that he'd stepped on it at first, so kept walking. But when he placed his right foot on the ground, he felt the piece of glass imbedded in his foot. So he hobbled to the toilet, did his business before sitting on top of the toilet seat and wiping away the blood. 

In the somewhat poorly lit bathroom, Michael could not see what was stuck in his foot. He looked into the cupboards, looking for some tweezers. Once he found them, he examined his foot once again. He wiped off the blood once again and he could just see a small piece of glass in his foot. He tried pulling it out with the tweezers, but ended up puching it in further than before. Sighing, Michael wrapped his foot in toilet paper, got up from the toilet seat and, walking on his heal, went to go wake up one of the other lads.

He knocked on Luke's door, mainly because he had drunk the least last night and would probably already be awake. A few seconds later a shirtless Luke opened the door, looking at Michael in worry. No one usually knocked on his door, and if they did, it was usually urgent.

"What's wrong Mike?" Luke asked.

"I've got a piece of glass in my foot and I need you to take me to the hospital to get it out." Michael explained. Luke nodded, grabbing a shirt and some shoes before coming out of his room and supporting Michael so he could hobble down the hallway. Luke stopped them in front of Calum's room, knocking on the door.

"Hey Cal, I'm just gonna take Mike down to the hospital. I'm wondering if you wanted to come with." Luke called. A few seconds later, a very concerned looking Calum opened the door.

"Why's he going down to the hospital?" Calum asked.

"I've got a piece of glass in my foot." Michael answered.

"Alright, I'll come." Calum said, grabbing a pair of shoes and tossing them on before following the two. Calum asked Ash whether he would come and soon all four were getting in the car to go down to the hospital. They got the the hospital very quickly and got Michael into the room almost instantly, since it was early on a Monday morning. Michael sat on the bed while Cashton sat on the chairs next to the bed and Luke leaned against the wall, all four on their phones while they waited for the doctor.

"Hello lads, I'm Doctor Farrah and I'll be looking after Mr Clifford today." A deep male voice announced. All four lads put their phones away as the man approached Michael. "Now, on here it says you have a piece of glass in your foot. Would you be able to tell me how big it is?"

"It's about half a centimetre in length and is extremely thin." Michael answered. The doctor continued asking questions until deciding that the best way to find where it is was an ultra-sound.

"Isn't that what they use on pregnant women?" Luke asked.

"It is, but it can also be used to find small foreign objects that can't be seen on an x-ray." The doctor answered. Soon, the ultra-sound machine was brought in and the piece of glass was located. "The best way to get it out is probably to make an incision as the current hole is too small to get it out through."

The lads agreed and the doctor brought in the equipment he'd need. Calum and Luke left, they couldn't handle blood or needles. Ashton stayed with Michael, turning away from the foot and holding Mike's hand. The doctor got Michael to lie on his front and then injected his foot with local anesthetic. Michael started crying from how much it hurt and squeezed the life out of Ashton's hand. He didn't even feel the doctor cut the piece of glass out of his foot.

"There we go, all done. I'll just bandage it up now." The doctor announced, wrapping Michael's foot in some bandage. Luke and Calum came back in and the doctor let the four leave.

"Let's go get some ice-cream now."

Hey Guys,

Yey, another one. I actually went into the hospital twice, the first time they did an x-ray and they couldn't find it and sent me home with bandages on my foot. The second time I went they got it out how I put in the story so yeah. The needle hurt, a lot.

Bye for now,

Alexis :D