Calum- Love Yourself

A request from LeaHeldt and a collab with JoeMcMassive.

Request: Calum has a mental illness like depression and tries to hide it but his girlfriend finds it out and tries to help him but he doesn't want it so his depression is getting worse and he finally let his girlfriend help him

Here it is!

----

The lads of 5 Seconds of Summer were on tour currently and Calum's girlfriend, Y/N, was joining them on the ride! Now, Calum himself suffers with depression and is yet to tell Y/N. He doesn't want to as he is terrified that he will ruin the relationship and she may hate him after discovering that he may be even slightly unstable.

Right now, they are hanging around backstage, having just finished a concert. They were sweaty and smelly, and...yeah. Calum pulled of his bass and handed it to his girlfriend, who was right beside him.

"Hey Y/N? Could you do me a favour and stick this in the case?" He asked. She nodded.

"Yeah. Go, and change." She told him. He would shower back at the hotel. It was easier.

As she approached the bass guitar case, she felt just how heavy the instrument was. She wondered how Calum wore this for 3 hours every night. Well, he was really fit, but still, it had quite the heft to it. She placed the guitar on the floor before unbuckling the case, which didn't need to be buckled because it was empty, but that's Calum for you. When she finally opened the case, there was a rattling sound before the sound of plastic hitting the leather of the case. Picking up the white cylindrical object that she believed had made the sound, she read the label.

Antidepressants.

She looked at them, shocked. Surely they were not Calum's. They weren't... he wasn't... there was no way. But they were in his bass guitar case. And it was buckled shut. The only way to explain them is that Calum was depressed. But she didn't want to believe it. Calum was usually so happy. Or at least that was how she saw him. He was perfect to her, nothing was ever wrong with him. Except for the odd hangover.

She twisted the bottle around in her hands, looking for a name. There was one, but it wasn't what she hoped for.

Calum Thomas Hood.

Was written on the label and she felt her heart break. She felt angry. But not at Calum, definitely not at Calum, but with herself, and whoever made Calum think he couldn't tell her. He had kept this from her for 6 months, all the time they had been dating, and he kept it bottled up.

She put the white little tub in her bag, deciding to ask Calum about it when they got back to the hotel. Just as she did so, footsteps were heard behind her and she swung around to see Calum himself. But this time, she looked at him differently. She didn't see her prince who didn't have a single flaw. Well, she did, but he was broken. This time she saw the bags under his eyes, she saw the slight redness in his warm brown eyes. And she felt her heart break.

She darted forward and gave him a tight hug, not caring that he still smelled of sweat. He laughed, seeming surprised by the sudden action, but hugged back nonetheless. When she pulled back, she realised that she still hadn't put away his bass. She quickly did so, buckling the case and handing it to him. Calum didn't hear the slight rattle of his pills and frowned, but covered it quickly with a smile.

He had remembered that the meds were in his case while changing, and his mind had been going haywire. What if she found them? What if she hates him? What if she will break up with him? What if, what if! He had been quick as possible to get back to her, and when she had hugged him like that, the warning bells were turned off. She didn't hate him.