Michael- Close Call

This is a request by HannahSnowGriffith combined with an outline for an original idea of SquishyCalumCheeks' creation.

Request: Hi I have a request for the 5sos sickfic book. Can you do something where either Michael or Ashton has asthma and one day they're feeling sort of off but don't think much of it until something happens, also I can't remember if you do ships or not but if so Lashton or Muke please? 

Original: Michael has a severe asthma attack while the boys are on tour and he has to be taken to hospital.

I have changed it slightly but blah, here we go.

-----

The lads of 5 Seconds Of Summer were on tour, their Sound Live Feels Live tour to be exact. The four lads were rocking it out on stage every night, playing their instruments and shouting the lyrics to their songs through microphones to arenas full of pubescent females. They were playing in Finland tonight and they were excited, they'd never played here before. They had a few interviews in the day and a soundcheck that afternoon before the concert, so it was a pretty busy day.

More on the subject of the lads, Michael in particular. Michael had asthma. He always brought an inhaler wherever he went, but didn't like to show it to anyone, to the press. So he'd always turn away from the cameras when he needed to use his inhaler. Not many of his fans, the 5SOS fam, knew about his medical issue, but the ones who did understood why he didn't want anyone knowing. The press would call him some pretty bad things and Michael didn't deserve that.

The four lads had finished their interviews and soundcheck and were now waiting in their dressing room for someone to call them for the concert. They were sitting around the dressing room on their phones, sitting in some strange positions. A knock and a call of 'ten minutes' meant that the lads needed to head out. They put their phones in their back pockets and stood up, all heading for the door.

"You got your inhaler babe?" The tallest of the four asked.

"Of course, you don't need to remind me." Michael replied. "I'm not a baby."

"I know, I know. I just wanna be safe. I don't wanna lose you any time soon." Luke reasoned, giving Michael a quick before following their other two bandmates who had wandered off without them. Michael smiled and followed behind his boyfriend, jogging to keep up with his long strides. This was another thing Michael didn't want the press to find out. He could let the fans speculate but he wasn't keen on coming out to the world anytime soon, despite his boyfriends disagreements.

"You know I've got mine just incase." Luke mentioned as they rounded the corner to the guitar racks. Michael nodded, grabbing his black and white guitar with crosses taped on it. All three of his bandmates had a spare inhaler for Michael, though Luke was the only one who had it at all times. After all, he was his boyfriend.

"You two lovebirds ready to rock?" Ashton asked as the two joined the drummer and bassist of the band. Luke rolled his eyes at the question while Michael nodded, fiddling with his guitar pick. Finally, the lights dimmed and the four ran out on stage, starting the show.

The lads had just finished She's Kinda Hot when Michael felt his chest tighten slightly. He quickly reached around to his back pocket, feeling for his inhaler. He started panicking, he couldn't find it. He looked over at Luke who had a worried expression on his face as he saw his boyfriend struggling to breath. Once he saw that Michael didn't have his inhaler Luke quickly reached into his pocket. 

Luke's expression turned to one of alarm when he couldn't feel his inhaler. He then remembered for a brief moment that he had changed his skinny jeans just before the concert and he hadn't transferred his inhaler. Luke felt like beating himself up for it but he knew he had to help Michael before his state got any worse. Luke looked up at Ashton, signalling a question of whether he had a spare inhaler. Ashton shook his head, jumping up from his spot at the drums and guiding Michael off the stage. Calum followed Luke off of the stage, running towards . 

"Michael, try taking some deep breaths." Ashton soothed as Luke rounded the corner. The yells of confusion from the crowd were not helping as Michael tried to calm down. All he could think about was how he'd ruined the concert because of his stupid asthma. Soon, Calum came running into the room, an inhaler in his hand. He gave it to Luke, who put it into Michael's mouth. 

Michael breathed in as Luke pumped his inhaler. After a few more pumps, his breathing was back to normal. Luke pulled Michael into a hug, pressing a quick kiss to his lips.

"I'm sorry, so sorry." Luke appologised when he pulled away from the kiss. "I shouldn't have let that happen. I should have had my inhaler for you babe."

"I'm sorry too, I should've had mine." Michael mumbled, burrowing his face into Luke's chest.

"Love you." Luke whispered, pressing a kiss to the top of Michael's head.

"Me too." Michael whispered back.

"You too?"

"Me too."

Hey Guys,

Idk if that was good or what but I liked it. Okay, idk what else to day but yeah. 11K?

Bye for now,

Alexis :D