Ashton- Discarded Drumsticks

The promised collab with the wonderful _cake_shipper_. I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE ADDED NAUGHTY WORDS SO SORRY IF YOU DON'T LIKE THEM!

----

The lads of 5 seconds of summer finally had a break after an exhausting tour in Australia. They had travelled to their home town, Sydney, and were all at home with their parents. Well, all except one. Ashton had his house to himself for a little while as his parents had gone away on holiday. Lauren and Harry were staying at their Nans house.

Ashton had been on his phone all day having nothing much to do. He found playing on his phone for the whole day boring so he decided to have a jam session on his drums. He went downstairs and had a good jam session playing his drums. He decided he would play on his brothers Ps4 for a bit then his Xbox. They both used to be Ashton's but his mum didn't think he would be back living with them again, so she gave them to Harry. Ashton got up leaving multiple drumsticks on the floor. He used about 2 different pairs and he threw them onto the floor after he used them.

Ashton was playing games on both the Ps4 and Xbox until he was bored once again. He was so hungry and couldn't cook anything so he ordered a takeaway. It would probably be a good idea to eat something homemade for once since all he had eaten on tour was basically takeaway, but he couldn't be bothered cooking. He decided on pizza, ordering two large ones and a small one. Once they got there he saved the two large ones for Michael, he was going to go round to his the next day.

After the pizza, Ashton crashed onto sofa and fell into a deep sleep until the next morning. When Ashton woke up he went upstairs to shower and get ready. He then went downstairs and had breakfast. He then went into his room and walked over to his drumkit, not entirely making it all the way there. He tripped over his drumsticks he left on the floor last night. And boy did it hurt the 22 year old like hell. 

"ARGGGHHHHHHHH!" He yelled as he fell, his right leg hitting an amplifier he had for his guitar.  He hit the floor with a thud, his phone flying out of his pocket away from him.

"MUM!" He screamed but stopped when he realized he was alone in the house. He sighed and tried moving his leg a bit but it hurt him way too much. He curled his head up into his arms and started crawling across the floor to reach for his phone. It took a short while and a lot of pain but finally it was within arm's reach. He stretched his arm for his phone and unlocked his phone scrolling on it to find Calum's contact. He phoned Calum and it took 3 tries before he actually picked up.

"Ash mate, what's up?" Calum yawned down the phone. It was obvious he had just woken up.

"Cal, I need you to- come over quick!" Ashton rushed, wincing halfway through as a burst of pain came from his injured leg. 

"What, why?" Calum questioned with a more alert voice. Ashton could tell that his bandmate was seriously worried about him.

"I kinda fell, and..." Ashton started to explain.

"Kinda? Ash, are you alright?" Calum asked, shuffling around. Most likely getting out of bed.

"No. Cal, I hurt my leg. It hurts so bad. Can you please come over?" Ashton rushed, close to tears.

"OH MY FUCKING GOD! ASH DON'T WORRY I'M COMING! I'LL GO GET THE OTHERS NOW!" Calum screeched, the phone evidently on speaker as Calum rushed around a room. "By the way Ash, if you feel like you need an ambulance, call one now."

"Will- do! See you soon!" Ashton hung up and put arm on the floor, resting his head on it and keeping his other arm resting on his leg. He decided he should actually phone an ambulance because maybe it was something serious. He phoned an ambulance, answering the questions the operator gave him and they said they were on their way. He cried until Calum arrived, knowing he would get their first.
Calum was quick to arrive in just 5 minutes. It wasn't that much of a journey from Calum's house to Ashton's anyway. Calum had let himself in as he had a key for situations like this. Plus he knew Ash was in pain.

"Ash where are you?" Calum called as he wandered into the house with Michael and Luke trailing behind him.

"I'm in here" Ashton shouted from his spot on the floor.

"OH MY GOD! Ash what happened?" Calum asked as the three entered the room Ashton was in.

"Isn't it obvious cal? He told you on the fucking phone." Michael cursed. He bent down next to Ashton and lifted him up, making Ashton cry from the pressure on his leg.

"I'm sorry Ash." Michael apologized and sat Ashton up against pillows and cushions on the couch on the other side of the room as he examined the offending leg. The lads heard sirens in the background. Luke was just stood there in shock whilst Calum was trying to get him to move.

"LUKE! Hurry the fuck up and go outside and bring the paramedics in here!" Calum shouted, snapping his fingers in front of Luke and running to the kitchen to get Ashton a glass of water. Ashton took a sip of water before handing Calum the glass back and Luke came back in with the paramedics. Michael pulled Ashton into his arms and moved his head so he couldn't see what was happening so he wouldn't make him scared.

After examining Ashton's leg they found it was starting to swell up and go purple, along with it bleeding on top of the swelling, the paramedics hypothesising that it was broken. They loaded him onto a stretcher and Luke rode in the ambulance with Ashton. Upon arrival at the hospital, Calum was already there with Michael and they waited in the waiting room on the uncomfortable chairs. Michael hadn't sat down for at least one minute before he was moaning about the chairs making his bum hurt and feel stiff. Calum lightly punched him and he stopped moaning and sat down.

Luke comes over with a doctor who said they could all come back into the room with Ashton. They followed him back and Ashton was taken for an x-ray for his leg. Doctors wheeled him back and announced that the two bones in Ashton's leg were both broken and he would be in a cast.

 "What colour cast do you want?" The doctor asked Ashton. Ashton looked over at the lads with a smirk.

"Purple." He announced, not taking his eyes off the lads. All three of them took a while to realise but then it hit them, all three bursting out in laughter. The purple damn shirt from their first band practice.
The doctor wrapped his leg in the purple cast, slight confusion etched on his face and they inform the lads that he is out of action for a full 8 weeks. Ashton was still feeling pain and was complaining about it so doctors put him on pain medicine to help reduce the pain.

"So, 8 weeks in a cast, I regret leaving my drumsticks lying around" Ashton recalled, feeling guilty with himself because he couldn't have chose an extra time to break his leg. Seeing as he would be in a cast 4 weeks into the 3rd album promotion and he couldn't even drum for 8 whole weeks.

"Don't worry Ash, you can still sing, and maybe even play guitar but don't feel bad with yourself. It's not your fault" The three lads reassured their bandmate with his leg casted up.

"I'll be in a wheelchair for 8 weeks and on crutches" Ashton said and the boys pulled him into a hug.

"Remember Ash, the fans will never hate you for this. You'll be fine" Calum reassured his friend with Michael and Luke agreeing.

"I hope so." Ashton replied. 

The upside was, the lads got to see Ashton high on pain meds.

Hey Guys,

Guess who's back.
Back again.
Lexi's back.
Call a friend.

Bye for now,

Alexis :D