Michael- No Sight

Hello! This is a collab with the amazing _cake_shipper_. You may have seen an unedited version on her book but this is the finished one with my parts on it. Here it is!

-----

The lads of 5 Seconds Of Summer were getting ready for their 3rd world tour. Of course, before you embark on a world tour you have to do rehearsals. Which is what they were doing right now. They had hired a theatre for the week they would be rehearsing and they were now getting ready to rehearse for the 5th day. Their manager was yet to arrive so the boys were getting a little restless.

Looking around for things to do, Calum's eyes landed on a large spotlight up in the back box. Calum sprinted up the stairs and into the box, turning on the light.

"Hey Michael can you stand right there please" Calum shouted, giggling. Michael nodded, walking to where Calum had pointed.

Calum grabbed one of the spot lights and pointed it towards where Michael was standing. Michael looked over at it and squinted, it was way too bright. He put his hands over his eyes and when he took them away, he couldn't see anything around him.

"Calum, can you get that light out of my face?" He asked.

"I already did, Mikey. Are you alright?" Calum responded. Michael started to freak out. He could hear footsteps coming towards him from behind, in front and to his left.

"Michael how many fingers am I holding up." Ashton asked from in front of Michael.

"I don't know everything is black" Michael responded.

"Guys get into the car. We're taking Michael to A&E" Ashton announced. All the lads helped Michael to the car, stopping him from tripping over wires and stage boxes on their way out on the theatre. Ashton hopped in the front and started the engine, scaring Michael slightly. He appologiesed and the lads were an the way to the hospital. About 30 minutes later Michael heard the engine stop.

"We are here Mikey, time to get those eyes of yours checked." Luke announced. The lads helped Michael out of the car and into the hospital waiting room. They sat him down on a chair and Ashton went to check him in while Luke and Calum sat down next to him.

"Ash has gone to check you in, me and Calum are gonna stay here with you, okay?" Luke asked. Michael nodded in response. Ashton came back over and sat with them, telling them that the doctor would be ready soon. While they waited, questions flew around Michael's mind.

Why was Calum so stupid?

Am I permanently blind?

What's taking so long?

How are the fans going to react?

"Mr Clifford?" A male voice called from the other side of the waiting room. Luke took Michael's hand and guided him over to where the doctor was with the help of the other two. "Come with me."

The doctor guided them to a room and the lads sat Michael down on the bed. The door closed and the room started to feel tense. Suddenly, a voice broke the silence.

"Mr. Clifford, can you explain to me what caused this epidemic?" The doctor asked. Michael took a second to clear his throat and his mind before recalling his story to the man.

"Well my friends and I were at a pre-tour rehearsal and we were all pretty restless so calum decided to mess around. He grabbed one of the spot lights and put it in my face. Next thing I know I can't see." Michael explained.

"I'm going to need to do a few tests. I'll be back in a second with the equipment." The doctor annouced. The door opened and closed and the lads were left together in the room to wait."I'm so sorry bro" Calum appologised, breaking then silence.

"This isn't the time, Calum." Luke insisted, shutting Calum up immediately. Ashton placed his hand on Michael's back as a point of comfort. About 20 minutes later the man came back in with a weird peice of equipment. It was completely white and had some weird binocluar looking things attached to it. But of course Michael couldn't see this. He couldn't see anything. The docotr rolled the machine over in front of Michael.

"Alright, could you please position your friend so he is looking directly into the machine?" The doctor asked. Ashton obliged, positioning Michael as per the instructions of the doctor. "Thank you. Now, Mr Clifford, can you please keep your eyes open until you hear a beep."

Michael nodded and kept his eyes open. The doctor turned on the machine and a whirring was heard as well as a scanning noise. The beep was heard and Michael pulled away from the machine. The doctor looked at the screen attached to the machine befoore he came up with a diagnosis.

"I'm afraid I have some bad news, Mr. Clifford is permanently blind" He said. Tears sprung to Michael's eyes. He couldn't believe it. He was blind.

"Now is the time to apologize, Calum" Luke broke the short silence.

"I am so so so sorry mate. This is all my fault" Calum appologised, pulling Michael into a hug. Michael hugged back and the other lads joined in, all four of them hoping everything would be alright.

Hey Guys,

This was decent I think. I could do a part 2 if you want, it's you guys' choice.

Bye for now,

Alexis :D