Chapter 2 - Reborn?

I can feel my body full of pain. So heavy, even my eyelids are too painful to open.

Wait!

I thought being dead, would free me from any mortal pain? Even in death, my luck is the worst. The pain will never leave me alone. What is that? I can smell medicine? Is hell full of medicinal fragrances? Weird!

"Dont worry... Miss Su is alive but needs to rest for 3 days." Said a very old sounding voice.

I hear a small conversation and decided to force my eyes to open.

As I gradually lift my eyelids, I realize I am lying in a very ancient room and the two ladies standing at edge of the bed, they have very fair skin. You could say average beauty, but what caught my attention is their costume or rather, their uniform...

As I blink my eyes, trying to calm my senses; lots of images keep on flashing in my head. The original host of this body was called Su Qian Meng.

Similar to my name, she was the eldest di or legitimate daughter of the prime minister, such a high position.

Unfortunately the original host was bullied by her half siblings and the most favored concubine of her father.

As I absorbed all of the information of this original host, the two maids rush in front of me.

"Miss Su,.."...
"Miss Su..."...

Both calling my name and crying in front of me. With their endless tears flowing from their red eyes, I cant help but to soften my heart. Maybe because these two maids were the only two who were faithful to the original host. These two maids were personally picked by her mother to serve her.

"I am fine... Even the doctor said. Rest is all i need." My voice is hoarse from the extreme pain but I still smile at them.

"Miss Su Are you really okay? It was really suspicious that you  " Jin Zan said; the one who is far younger than the other.

"Shhhh..! Shut your mouth... We are still at the prime minister residence ... A little mistake and we will be punish, also Miss Su..." Mu Jin who is the older and the most composed said.

As I look at their wariness, I slowly understand my situation and the reason I am wearing a red wedding dress. I have seen a lot of historical Chinese movie. And I believe this is one of their traditions in weddings. As I deeply inhale, I can feel a pain in my heart and right away I knew. I was poisoned. No wonder the original host died and faint on the day of her wedding.

They said blood is thicker than water, but even your blood related relatives is a beast hidden inside. They will do anything to satisfy their greed.

Ha ha ha... I have wished to reincarnate in a simple family. But here I am, first day of being reborn and I am faced with schemes. I truly wonder, did i do something wrong in my past life? But since, the gods gave me a second chance to live. With my past memories, knowledge, and talent intact; I will repay the entire grievance the original host endured.

After all REVENGE is my second name...