Chapter 23 - Fell From Grace

Yey!!!..another chappy!!!..

Please support and check the works of our dear editor RandomAlex99...

And sadly, i will be busy this upcoming opening of first semester....but i would try to update as fast as i can...

To my readers...i won't drop this story..so please bear with me..if I am always slow in my updates...

Thank you for all your comments...i never fail to read them..also to my dear editor...thank you for the hardwork..

P.S...check out her works...😊😊😊

------------

At the same time in Su Manor.

A loud clang can be heard and various expensive broken porcelain were scattered in the floor. A middle-aged man is standing at the center with a black face, he is none other than the prime minister of the present monarchy, Su Xuan Zhi.

All the servants did not dare to lift their heads and take a peek to their master. They can't afford to lose their life because of curiosity, after all a servants life is nothing compared to this noble person, they were also no different from slaves. Bound by a contract, they couldnt complain nor escape.

All the concubines together with each their children were gathered by the master; witnessing his anger. They were all kneeling for almost 5 hours, but they can't utter a single complain nor sound.

It was supposed to be a celebratory day but instead became a nightmare to the Su Manor. The prime minister was used to being arrogant and hear people singing praises in front of him, but because of the series unfortunate events he became the laughing stock of the common people; especially to his peers.

First, his fellow officials who were lower than him witnessed the abusing of the eldest di daughter of Su Manor.

Then suddenly the sedan which is prepared to carry the bride towards Duan Wangfu broke in the middle of the street and revealed to be an old and worn out sedan; like it was intentional.

He was given the alias, " Lustfu Man ". Someone who overly indulged a mere concubine, and blind to the suffering if his legitimate eldest daughter. Allowing his legitimate line to be bullied which was defying one of the major protocols of noble households.

It was also widely spread, how an official like him dare to provoke the imperial family by giving a broken sedan to a soon to be wangfei. It was like slapping the emperor in front of the crowd. All of his hardwork were vanished in a single night, his reputation was shattered into pieces, even his position as the prime minister may be taken from him.

He is a proud man and is use to ridiculing others misfortune, but right now he also gets a taste of his own medicine. The part which infuriated him the most was being informed that his daughter regained her actual beauty, and became much more alluring than her mother. He can't help but be anxious, who is the one aiding her.

All of those tragic scenes should be directed at his eldest daughter but she cunningly twisted the situation and let the Su Manor carry all the blame.

And this was all because of this woman!

He suddenly turned and walks with large strides towards the woman sitting in front of his concubines, Yun Yiniang. She was wearing a light yellow wide dress that fitted perfectly on her curvaceous body, her face is gentle yet seductive that could melt any man's heart.

Her delicate face quickly became pale, seeing the master walking towards her with an angry face. She had accompanied this man for 16 years, this was the second time she had seen his face with such killing intent.

When Su Xian Zhi stood in front of Yun Yiniang, his eyes narrowed and his gaze carried coldness that could bring anyone to fright.  With his deep voice, he raised his tone." Everyone get out!"

"Yun Yiniang must stay and accompany this master," there was no emotion to be heard; only an indifferent sense.  His jaw was tightly clenched indicating how much he tried to control his anger. As soon as they heard the command, everyone got up and flee as fast as they can.

Yun Yiniang can only lift her face, but when she met his gaze of full fury, she can't help but tremble. The masters anger is not so simple that could be relieved by her usual coaxing. Beside Yun Yiniang is her only daughter; Su Bai Lu. She can see how mad her father is, her father who was usually doting on her is instantly replaced by a cold and terrifying man. There is no warmth or kindness that can be seen in his eyes; only murderous intent can be felt.

When she heard her father command, she instantly kneels in front of her mother. She doesn't know why her body instinctively moved.

"Father, why should mother bear your anger? It was jiejie whom should be blamed.... Mother always treated jiejie like her own daughter. Daughter also wants to care for jiejie, but jiejie always refuses our good intentions. Father should not blame mother." Her pitiful face is covered by endless stream of tears, her misty eyes brings sympathy but it was a shame it didnt move her father even one bit.

" Pak", a loud and crisp sound can be heard and a loud "Bang".

The servants guarding the courtyard can only lower their heads.

In every noble household keeps numerous secret and scandal that should never be revealed outside.

They can only act blind and feign deaf; never daring to spill secrets or their little life together with their family became payment. Nobel households on the outside may look grand, luxurious and a dream to any common people, but it holds a sinister side that only gives nightmares.