Chapter 50

Jin zan was merrily making a dinner for her mistress, since it was already late and majority of the kitchen staff are already in their respective rooms she decided to prepare it herself.

Maybe her mistress anger would lessen upon appreciating her hardwork, but while cutting some vegetables she felt another presence inside of the room.

She calmly resume her works, pretending to be an ordinary maid. Revealing their strength will only result in a bad ending.

The person steps are light, his breathing is normal and there was no killing intent. But the moment the person tried to touch her shoulder, she immediately turn her face while using the knife to protect her body.

The face that greeted her posses a scholar temperament. His body is slim and tall. The silver robed gives a clean and neat feeling. His face may have some feminine features but it doesn't cover his manly aura. She knew this man is no ordinary, for someone to freely walk inside of the Duan Wangfu might be a close aide of the prince.

"THUNK"

The small knife fell in the ground and the man elegantly pick it while scrutinizing the maid in front of him. " Do you want this gentleman to tell you what is punishment for sneaking inside of the Duan Wangfu without a consent? " He elegantly play the knife in his hand, his skill in handling the sharp thing is smooth and attractive unfortunately Jin Zan have no time to admire his skill. " Which courtyard are you assign? "

The maid stiff body relax and gave a harmless smile " Nubi isn't aware that making dinner for Duan Wangfei can earn a punishment. This servant is a personal maid of the mistress of Duan Wangfu and even the cloth this servant wore is different from ordinary maids, all the guards is well informed of this that made this servant confuse who this gentleman is, for not recognizing THIS SMALL DETAIL ?Would you like this servant to tell this gentleman what a grave sin to walk freely inside of Duan Wangfu ?" Her smirked at the end of her speech is truly irritating to look at and her triumphant gaze is provoking the man.

Jin Zan knew that no one can easily infiltrate the Duan Wangfu however meeting this person and hearing his words already earn her contempt. Who is he to bully a maid like her!

The man can't help but be speechless at this maid, she is not only one of the personal servant of Wangfei but also possess a sly tongue and repremmanding him for not recognizing her identity base from her uniform, he as a well known doctor even in black market was humiliated by just a servant.

He tightly hold the knife and carefully place it in the table. Upon raising his head, he endure his true emotion and regain his gentleman temperament. " Aiya! This gentleman was kept in the dark for not noticing the servant identity, Duan Wangfu should give the utmost service that befitting the Wangfei, not  her PERSONAL SERVANT to  make the dinner. And this gentleman name is Xi Yi the personal doctor of Duan Wangfu, and one of the personal advisor of Wangye. And I should report to his highness, to inform the Wangfei that she can order for servants assign in kitchen to make her food in the future."

Xi yi destination is the study room of Yan Hong Tian but the aroma coming from the kitchen made him to detour and found a small maid cooking at this hour. Her joyful face while doing her chore made his heart itch resulting to tease and bully her, he thought he found a lamb to pass his time but who would expect the mysterious Duan Wangfei is housing a cat revealing her claws.

Hearing this Xi Yi insulting her precious mistress she can't help but to hold her palm and stop herself to give him  punch. " Gentleman is mistaken, my mistress had always been kind and merciful. Wangye and Wangfei came back from the imperial palace earlier than expected that made my mistress miss the dinner banquet given by the emperor. Wangye deliberately order to SERVE THE WANGFEI WELL, it was already pass the dinner time of Duan wangfu which all the servants in the kitchen have taken their rest already. " She intentionally put more pressure to some words to make him understand that her mistress was already acknowledge by Wangye. " Mistress would not like to disturb the rest of the kitchen staff and decided to endure the hunger but this servant felt pity for mistress and volunteer  to make her dish. " She proudly raise her chin like a pet waiting to be praise.

Xi Yi really like to dissect this woman and put all the experimental liquid in her body. " Such a devoted servant worthy to be with Wangfei, this doctor acknowledge your sincerity this well be known by Duan Wangye" He calmly said while locking his gaze to her.

" Who wants your sincerity?!" Jin Zhan desperately want to shout those words to this man but she only choose to welcome his gaze.

These two person stubbornly fighting with their gaze that seems no one wants to accept defeat.

But the noise from a boiling water made Jin Zan to tear her eyes from him and resume her cooking, she skilfully put all the missing ingredients inside of the soup. She intentionally ignore the presence of the other and focus on how to satisfy her mistress with her dish.

Xi yi can see himself enjoying the movements of the girl in cooking the soup. He shamelessly take his seat ignoring the fact that he has a duty to attend to.

When he watch the girl taking a small taste he cannot help but to touch his tummy begging to take a bite, the smell is truly to his liking, strong and seems to be tasty.

He touch his chin and silently thinking on how to ask for some food without losing his face.

While Xi Yi is taking his time on planning, Jin Zan is also peeking at his way wondering why this man is still inside and dazely looking at the ceiling.

-------

New couple???..🤔🤔🤔🤔

For a reader to have a loyal and an understanding readers are my luck as an author..

Thank you..😘😘😘😘