Chapter 40

Hi amiga'z!!!

I know some of you are already wondering if Im still alive..hahaha..😂😂😂

And OMG, we reach 379 k  view!!!!!...thank you for not giving up my story despite of slow updates..Thank you everyone.!!!!

-------

Inside of the personal study hall, is a three men with intimidating auras. The middle aged man with a golden robed is calmly sitting at his desk while carefully listening at the shadow guard report, regarding to the events happening in the phoenix pavilion of his late beloved empress.

He observe the expression of his son but it was only disappointment. But it never lessen his good impression with his daughter-in-law.

But unknown to the emperor,Duan Wangye's eyes became gentle from listening how his wife act infront of his 4th brother.

He intentionally show his ruthlessness in order to protect his mother place, but she only use her slyness to divert the opponent provocation. But it doesn't change the fact that he is looking forward to her next moves, expected for her to go directly inside of the pavilion but never to appreciate is true grandeur.

He can't help but to be delighted to keep his new found pet.

But he remain his stoic face in the presence of hi so called "father".

General Jiang can't help but to remember the back of the fiery woman entering the Duan Wangfu. He didn't see her face but he can feel her confidence and pride. Her words leave a lasting impression to him like no other. Such a woman is rare to come by.

He sneakily glance at his childhood friend and witness the gentleness of his cold eyes. He can only be happy for him, for he found a right woman to stay by his side. It is not an easy feat to grow up within the palace , he have seen how this hellish place change his once good natured and full of smiles Yan Hong Tian.

"Return" the emperor authoritative voice brought the two men in reality.

"Zhen is really satisfied to Duan Wangfei, such a virtuous and righteous wife" the emperor said with full of smile, his disappointment lifted upon hearing someone understood his affection towards his late wife. That sacred place that full of their memories and love.

But a cold voice suddenly cut the emperor happiness " ofcourse your majesty, afterall this marriage is suggested by the grand and beloved Shu Guifei, benwang is truly thankful, your majesty this prince would like to excuse himself to accompany Duan Wangfei in strolling the imperial palace", his face is void of emotion that only brings pain to the emperor.

The emperor helplessly raise his hand "go ahead, but remain till the banquet".

Yan Hong Tian left right away leaving the two man alone.

"Young general, zhen trusted your benevolence heart and loyal mind, investigate this case secretly."

Jiang Mo Chen respectfully kneel and received the secret imperial edict "yes, your majesty ".

When Jiang Mo chen nearly approach the door, he heard the solemn voice of the emperor "As one of the closest friend of my son, please be his supporter and protect him, Im asking you this not as your emperor but as his father."

Jiang Mo Chen smiled politely.

Eunuch Wei can't help but to feel pity for the father and son, their relationship became estranged as time went by.

----

The extravagantly decorated sedan stopped and a pearl white shoes inlaid with gold and gems slowly peek at the entrance with a fair white hand waiting for the maid to hold

Su Qian Meng patiently watch the woman slow motion act, her mocking glance instantly hid with her innocent smile.

"Is she flaunting her richness infront of everyone?Such a spoiled and naive princess!Did she really think such a mere treasures can make me intimidated?" Her thoughts is well hidden within her eyes full of adoration.

Yan Yao Yao, elegantly step down with her hand being held by her personal servant Wen Cui. She can see a woman silhoutte wore a silver robe infront of her, she waited but it seems the woman have no intention to come closer.

Yan Yao Yao can't help but to grit her teeth and forcing herself to contain her emotions. She is here to slap that woman face!

The 3rd Princess slowly take her time walking with her entourage behind. Her face is an epitome of a seductress yet her body is slightly leaning at her servant giving a sickly aura yet could sweep any man's pity.

Su Qian Meng never mind, if the sickly woman is taking her sweet time, she slowly observing her play. Her face have a similarity with Yan Xiao Mo and she knew people who came from the same mold, share the same heart.

Su Qian Meng smile became more apparent that even Lin Mama can feel her skin at her nape stood.

And she is certain that the man behind her that slowly walking to their direction is the one who initiate this show.Su Qian Meng can only shake her head inside, a pest bringing a reinforcement is trully troublesome.