Chapter 25 - Death

Yepeee!!!!..double release...😉😉😉

Thank you to my lovely cousin....JustBeFriends6919 for the new wonderful cover of my story..

Please check out her works...

Enjoy...😘😘😘😘

----------------

In the middle of the night, one shadow is slowly walking towards the most corner part of Su Manor.

That part of Manor is forbidden for anyone to approach, it was well known to be haunted, but nobody expect that it was only a camouflage for a secret room

The path towards the room is surrounded by thorns and wild flowers.

Anyone would be deceived by its outward appearance.

The shadow stop at the left side of the wall that were covered by thorns and pull the hidden knob and immediately enter the hidden room quietly.

" your action seems tense my dear prime minister " a very seductive voice can be heard inside the dark room.

The shadow was the prime minister Su Xuan Zhi, his appearance and temper awhile ago is different from now

His body is trembling when he heard that familiar voice, sweat is forming all over his body

He can be arrogant to anyone but never with this person presence, he can only be an obedient dog

" Lady- " his voice is full of fright

" shut up!, a bug like you doesn't have the right to utter this person's name" her arrogant words can't lessen the allure of her voice, a great temptation to anyone who would listen.

A sudden pressure can be felt around the area and instantly made Su Xuan Zhi kneel and spit a mouthful of blood.

"Cough, cough, cough" he doesn't even dare to wipe the remaining blood at the corner of his mouth

Immediately red candles were instantly lightened and a blurry figure can be seen but it was definitely a figure of a woman. The only visible is the pair of her sinister eyes, a gaze like a snake that are watching its prey to be devoured.

Su Xuan Zhi can only lower his head, afraid to meet that penetrating gaze

"That girl is fully grown now, am I right? "

" Yes my lady "

" I have heard her face were cured and she doesn't die taking that poison for 15 years?, are you scheming against the great master?"

" this servant doesn't dare, she was supposed to be dead and her heartbeat stopped that day, but miraculously regained her breath"

"Her face were restored without this servant knowledge, it was revealed when she was already in front of Duan Wangfu, this servant can't dispatched any assassin because of the highly guarded wangfu and her face were seen by the entire crowd, please punish this servant"

If he knew this will be the outcome, he will be the one personally kill that hideous woman, he shouldn't believed in that useless concubine

Because of a single miscalculation, everything is ruined

" the day you betray the woman you loved, is the day you swore your loyalty to great master, you owe everything to master; your wealth, connection and even your noble name " her eyes full of mockery, this kind of person is much worst than any insects.

Su Xuan Zhi can only clenched his fist, that day is his biggest " Regret "

Lady Shansheng was the only woman he ever loved but he knew very well why that pure and beautiful woman married him, he can no longer endure the suffering of his unrequited love when the child was born

Her gaze is full of Love and Longing whenever she look at her child..

Extreme longing to the fathet of her child and the love of her life

Su Xuan Zhi loved her to the point that he is willing to abandon his ambition, accept the child like his own and live happily with her.

But, she declined without a second thought and act like a mistress in the surfaced, she always emphasise the agreement between them and always treat him as a stranger.

He doesn't know her heritage nor her background, they met when he needs her medical assistance in exchange of hiding her from her nemesis.

And one day, someone from a powerful family approach him and tempt him to cooperate with them in exchange of wealth and political power.

They ordered him to separate the mother and child and leave the rest to them, but he didn't expected the tragic accident that cost the life of Lady Shansheng.

He can only carry the regret for the rest of his life and be their prisoner for a lifetime.

After the incident, he got the wealth and acquired a higher position in minister but he became their slave, always obeying their command, snatching his freedom.

He cannot atone the sin he made for Lady Shansheng, he became blind due to his jealousy and selfishness.

If only he was contented to be by her side, maybe there will be a time Lady Shansheng would acknowledged his love, but regret can never bring back of what have lost.

" the poison we gave you to disfigured the face of the child is no ordinary and also the slow acting poison is one of the high grade poison that ever made, but after her breath was cut, she miraculously retrieved her life, and you don't know how she were able to cure herself, are you taking the Great master as a FOOL?!" her breath was sharp like a knife, every word is like a stab in his heart, her sinister gaze brings an eternal shiver to his body pulling him back to reality.

He immediately crawl towards the figure " please forgive this servant negligence, this servant blindly believe the capability of a lowly concubine in monitoring that
child " his eyes reddened but his fist is tightly clutched that were hidden inside of his robe.

" who can blame you?, you are the prime minister of an insignificant country, ofcourse your daily affairs are occupied by your job " the figure instantly vanished

Su Xuan Zhi believes the figure was gone, slowly rose and regained his arrogant face, but after he turned his body, a cold blade instantly slashed his throat.

" do you think an insect like you will be forgiven?, great master provide your every desire but you are only a failure...you view your women as tools but you was no different from them, from the start you are already regarded as a toy, ready to be discarded " the woman indifferently stare at the corpse of the man, her gaze only contain disgust anf ridicule..

" greediness have eaten your life not by my blade, you discarded the proposal between the great master and you, indulging yourself to the position that was only given to you by great master " the woman elegantly turn her body

" My Lady, how do we disposed the body? " a shadow figure quitely speak behind the woman

" the usual " her voice is calm and immediately vanished into thin air..

------