Chapter 56

Su Qian Meng watched the man elegant habit of eating but it seems the man also ignore her presence and focus to the dishes in front of them. She is sure this man deliberately doing what she has done earlier!

She can only pick her chopstick and resume what is supposed to have been a paradise for her if not for this disturbance of this shameless man.

Yan Hong Tian slowly raise his head; a small smile can be seen in his lips which is hurriedly hid by the jade cup.

I thought you hate eating vegetables? Yan Hong Tian cant help but to question the behavior of his wife since earlier this woman returns what he pick for her which is consist of vegetables but now, after eating the meats she also didnt let the vegetables alone and happily eating them.

Su Qian Meng gave him a stupid look, Who said I dont like eating them? I only hate when other people place food in my plate.

Why? His interest was immediately pick, any women would be delighted for a man to serve them let alone placing a food in their plates.

Su Qian Meng only blankly look at him, she remembered her old days under the organization where she grew up. They drilled in their young minds not to let your guard down, never to trust any person good will even the food they offer. One time the organizations suddenly gave chocolates to the children without the knowledge that it contains a lethal poison. Almost half of the children died instantly while it leaves a traumatic experience to the survivors like her. For children who never experience the life outside can easily be tempted by any small things from outside and she was not an exemption. If not for his reminder she could be already a cold corpse, and this incident was the time she slowly gave him her fragile heart only to be reciprocated by betrayal in the end. From there on, she never let any person serve her foods and mastered the smell of each poisonous substance that could be hidden in each dish. Her sharp senses became her weapon to survive and also her qualities that gain the attention of the organization.

Coincidentally, this body also have a sharp sense its only a pity the original owner doesnt know how to use it to her advantage.

THUD

The sudden noise made Su Qian Meng to return to he senses but felt an intense gaze coming from the man in front of her. Whom are you thinking about? Su Qian Meng cant help but to feel extreme pressure and knew she unconsciously offended this man. Yan Hong Tian also dont understand the uneasiness he felt upon watching the melancholy look of the woman as she slowly lost herself, even her blank look cant hide the pain.

Su Qian Meng continue to eat ignoring the grim aura of the Duan Wangye, Would you believe me if I say that once in my life, I was close to death because of a single sweet? She thought his expression would be funny and take it as a joke, however he only seriously look at her as if there is no room for doubt. The culprit is the Su Manor? Su Qian Meng dont understand how did this prince temperament became grimmer. She also felt lazy to put another dirty clothes in the Su Manor and can only smile.

But this simple smile misunderstood by Yan Hong Tian and already made a conclusion the reason why his wife has that kind of look. He also cant understand the heaviness he felt in his heart upon witnessing her melancholy look.

Yan Hong Tian abruptly raise from his sit, his body might not be muscular nor big like a Hollywood action star but his intense gaze alone can make any ordinary person cower in fear. He calmly look at her from above but there is no arrogance nor haughtiness, Su Qian Meng! Free yourself from the past but remember the grudge for the people who bullied you, you are no longer the lady of Su Manor but a dignified Duan Wangfei and the only woman whom I allowed to be closer to me that is your PRESENT and will be your FUTURE!

It was already awhile when the man left the dining hall and declare those words, she unconsciously touches where her heart resides remembering the impact those words that made her pulse beat faster. Saying those words with certainty and confidence is a foul play! She knew never to believe any mans word since the betrayal she felt in her last life but how can this man make her impenetrable conviction to waver.

Why he is certain that this position will never change even in the future? Is he not afraid that I will escape and leave him? If she was only an innocent woman and free from any tragedies, then she can consider herself lucky to have him as his wife but ITS NOT!

If it was only easy to let go, but how can she? When she cant even free herself from the pain and memories that it brought, it was already became a scar.

Su qian meng lightly called for the servants to come in and clean the table. Xia Mama had seen the heavy aura that surrounds the master earlier when he came out alone but she knew his master anger is not directly to them nor the mistress, maybe some foolish people has the guts to offend their master.

----------------

Before Yan Hong Tian step inside of his carriage he turn his face to look at Steward Wang with a serious face that made the middle aged man to be nervous and contemplating whether he offended his master, he expected to be scolded and ready to beg for his life, Give the Duan Wangfu storage key to Wangfei and all the account books regarding to this Wangye properties, Wangfei can now take charge over the management of Duan Wangfu to not be idle and avoid to think unnecessary objects and she can do what she please. His voice might be calm but the people nearby understood the heavy responsibilities Wangye is willing to give to his wife.

Noone knew what exactly is the amount of richness of Duan Wangfu or if there is a limitation. Everyone is aware that in the last war near the Southern Border, Duan Wangye shoulder the expenses for the military necessity since the imperial fund was used during a plague. By the order of the emperor and for his generosity it was ordered not to question where the money came from but be grateful. However, this doesnt stop the greedy heart of the ministers and shamelessly gift concubines even their daughters to enter the Duan Wangfu. They expect to gain benefits but only receive dreadful results, some of the female was sent back to their homes because of some disease they caught that made them foolish and crazy, they seem to experience a traumatic events and refuse to go out while the other women are left inside but not a single information was leak outside. They will later be reported dead and a hefty amount of money will be sent to their respected families. Speculations was spread in the entire Yan Kingdom about the Demon Wangye who is fond in killing his concubines but a sudden imperial edict change the rumors. Not only the bride is beyond beautiful, she also has a heart made of gold and above all, the Duan Wangye is not a demon but also a man who can dote in his wife. And a new rumors was heard that those concubines are at fault and was heavily punished, the numerous accidents and deaths was due to a curse or black magic but the arrival of the Duan Wangfei brought tremendous blessings that cleanse the Duan Wangfu.

Upon hearing the order from his master, Steward Wang can barely stand he greatly regretted the attitude he gave the mistress upon welcoming her in the Duan Wangfu gate but it was also originally planned by the Wangye! Being a head steward is a temptation that should never be dream by anyone, he can only hope his earnest services would make the mistress forgot that day. He can only slump his shoulder while walking towards the den of the tigress.