Quatre: Valvular Heart Disease

Seff leaned on his seat to take a nap.

He just got out of the airport and their driver picked him up. He's tired and decided to sleep.

He passed a resignation letter two weeks ago and their site director did not accept his letter. They offered him a higher salary but he politely declined. Desperate to save him, they counter offered a choice he found difficult to decline.

He would be handling their business in the Philippines. The company he was working for has a subcompany that is franchised in his country. After learning that he simply wanted to be back home, they offered him the vacant slot for a Site Director to which he agreed to. He was retaining his salary, would be based on his origin and be with his family, and would handle a good position on the company.

"Ang traffic naman talaga dito sa lugar na 'to," their driver complained. The traffic was heavy and the cars were barely moving. It has been an hour since they left the airport and they haven't even reached half of their travel.

He hasn't drifted off to sleep completely yet when he felt the car move but their driver suddenly stepped on the breaks putting the car on a sudden halt. Seff's senses suddenly became wide awake.

"Kuya, ano pong nangyari?" he asked and looked outside. There was a red Subaru Forester that was about to take a turn but they were also going straight. They almost bumped each other's cars. He waited if the driver would go out but no one did.

"E yung isang sasakyan na paliko biglang nagpaandar ng sasakyan, hindi naman sila ang may go signal," he answered, now wide awake after what happened. "Mga driver nga naman minsan o!"

"Ingat na lang po tayo, Kuya," Seff said and leaned on his seat. He's just too tired to argue with anyone after a long flight. After another hour, they finally reached their new home in Green Meadows. His parents worked in acquiring the new property as soon as they got back in the country. He hasn't seen it himself. When the car stopped, their driver woke him up. He went out of the car and saw his new home.

It is a three-storey house that was like built with bricks with different shades of brown, has a bigger garage, and a court at the backyard. It was a bigger house compared to where they used to live, the place quiet and relaxing.

Seff took his luggage and from the door, he could hear the laughter from his sisters. He pushed the door open and saw Akira, Ava, and Gavin seated on the floor playing video games. The moment that they saw him, they immediately pulled him into a tight hug.

"Seff!" they screamed.

"Girls, relax," he laughed while hugging both of the ladies.

"I missed you Seff!" Ava told his younger brother.

"Me too," he said. Shortly, his parents came out and saw him. They welcomed him with a hug and headed to their dining room. Their table used to be good for eight and now, it is good for twelve. His mother prepared all of his favorite food for dinner. He sat beside Gavin. With his two nephews, he is not that close yet with him.

"Paul's still working. Akira's boyfriend is out of town. Ethan and Raffy can't go dahil may sakit si Cali. Nilalagnat," his mother explained.

"How's my boy?" he was worried. "Why didn't anyone tell me?"

"He's better now. They brought him sa pedia nya kahapon. Nagwo-worry na naman si Raffy dahil sa sakit ni Cali," Amanda explained. "But the boy is okay. Nagpapahinga lang sa bahay and the parents are sharing the agony with their kid."

"How do you like our new home?" Akira smiled at him.

“Nice home. I really like the ambiance,” Seff told them. “I like the lights too. Very relaxing and elegant.”