Vingt et Huit: Keloids

Sixty days of separation is enough.

He gave her enough distance for her to think while he was gone, and he gave himself a chance to also pay some respect to someone who has been a good friend.

Seff went inside his office and played a round with Ethan with the Rock Me Archimedes game set he kept on his table. His brother dropped by to show the pictures of his second child named Colbie. He immediately dropped his backpack and passport on his table before taking the pictures.

"She's awesome. Looks a lot like you, bro!" he laughed and checked the rest. "She looks like Akira when she was younger. Female Cali. I'm dying to see her."

Ethan laughed. "I know. Raffy was so frustrated that Colbie didn't inherit anything from her physically. She's going to teach the baby how to sing as early as age one."

"Better. I'd like to have some talented niece in this lifetime," he said. "How's Cali taking the changes?"

"He's good. He adapts well and he likes taking care of his sister. I think he'll be an overprotective Kuya like you," Ethan answered. "Why don't you drop by later and have dinner with us?"

"I'm in. I'd love that," he answered. "I got a lot of items for everyone."

"How was Maryland?"

"It's still the same. The Veterans Memorial is still there," he answered.

Seff left the country a week after Bianca passed away. It wasn't because of any guilt feeling but rather he needed to report to their main office the status of the company. It was a very busy time for him and he didn't have the chance to tell Bea about his absence for a while.

It was just supposed to be thirty days.

But he got stuck in Maryland for another three weeks.

"Dinalaw mo na ba si Bea?"

Seff shook his head. "I will soon but I'd like to see the family's princess first."

He was on time for dinner. They were all gathered on their parents' home to finally meet Ethan's little girl and the newly birthed Raffy. He has his little gifts for everyone, and plenty for Colbie. He was mesmerized as soon as he saw his niece and took the nonsuspecting infant from her mother.

Yes, she looked like Akira when she was younger. She was proven to be Ethan's and not Chad's. She looked like the female Cali and Ethan was seriously being extra protective of her. He wouldn't be considered lying for calling Colbie a princess.

"Gumawa na kasi ng sarili," Ethan teased.

"Pano gagawa e iniwanan yung girlfriend dito?" Akira said. "Hindi na nga nagpaparamdam yung tao dito sa bahay."

Seff shook his head. His family would always be like this. "We needed to be away from each other for a while."

No one knew what happened between them. Months have passed and even if they went on with their lives separately, no one had an idea that they were no longer living together, except Raffy of course if she remembered. No one knew of their little scheme of pretending to be lovers. They just drifted apart in their eyes for some reasons even if they were still in love with each other.

"Makikita pa ba namin ulit?" Amanda looked at her son.

"Makikita nyo pa," he smiled.

--

A stem of rose was waiting for her as soon as Bea got inside her office. She lifted and looked at it but did not wonder who gave it. She knew he left for the US and some newscaster whispered his return to her ear. She hasn't settled her items yet when her phone started ringing.