Trente: Edema

She wagged and wiggled her feet repeatedly as if something would fall off from it if she does.

She was already lying on her bed, covered with her blanket but her feet were exposed and she was looking at it with too much happiness and youthness. There was no point of hiding the smile she has on her face.

When she got the box Seff gave her, she knew it wasn't a ring nor any kind of jewelry but she was still surprised when she saw what was on it.

She saw two pairs of socks inside, one white and one black, all extending to her knees. What made it extra special and unique was that it was designed with a cartooned version of Seff's face printed on the sock that she could see whenever she looks on her feet. If she's standing up, she could simply look down and see Seff's animated face smiling at her. If she's lying down, she just has to lie down straight with her toes pointing upward and she will see him again.

She wore a pair that night.

--

Days passed and he was home shortly. He doesn't want being picked up at the airport for short trips like this and so he goes home alone once he's out of the airport. That day, Bea was in the office attending to clients.

"Attorney, I have a client who wants to talk to you. Said he needs legal advice, urgent," her secretary told her as soon as the last one came out. She was supposed to go on lunch.

Bea took a deep breath. "Ten minutes is all I can spare him."

Her secretary smiled. "Okay. I hope he'll get what he wants. I will let him in."

She stayed on her table answering an e-mail when her door went open and showed a man who was gone for some time. He went in.

Bea just stared at him for a long time.

"What legal advice do you need other than euthanasia not available for your perusal?" she asked him.

"Is that how you greet someone who has been miserable while he was away?" he asked.

"I didn't know you were coming. I could have prepared with a marching band and confetti," she told him sarcastically.

He smiled. "I know that what you said meant you missed me. I did too. Lunch?"

Bea shook her head with his persistence and smiled. "Okay. Lunch it is then."

With the rest of the day available for himself, Seff stayed with Bea the whole time. He missed her badly and he wanted to make it up to her for being away for some time. He remained quiet while she worked and when the clock struck six, he quickly stood up.

"Where are you going?" she asked him.

He smiled. "Not me. Us."

Bea didn't have any choice but to leave with him. They headed to a restaurant in Resorts World for dinner where he gathered the rest of his family. It was a happy reunion for them and she must admit that she had a good time with everyone. Gavin and Cali remained close and the two would always look after Colbie. Anthony and Akira were also present, and Ava's pregnancy suited her well.

When they were done, they all said their goodbyes and Seff stayed behind to send her home. They were both lying on the bed when he spoke.

"Bea," he called her.

"Yes?"

"What are we?" he asked. "I mean... I love you and you know that. I want us to have a relationship officially. It should have been the case beforehand."

She remained quiet. She was afraid that the time would come when Seff would ask for more and it was natural. He loves her, she knows that. She has something for him no matter what she does to stop it. If she pushes him back, it is immediately followed with feelings of regret. She opened her heart for him because it was impossible not to.