Vingt et Deux: Frostbites

Bea parked her car on the basement and pulled her luggage out of the backseat. As soon as she has registered, she immediately took her keys and headed inside the inn.

It gave her a warm ambiance as soon as she got inside her room and opened the door that led to a small terrace. She took some of her clothes from her bag and hang it inside the cabinet. When she was done, she changed into something more comfortable and tied her hair into a bun. She went out of the terrace and saw the beauty of the mountains and the hills from that view. It was just nine in the morning and though the sun was up, it still made a perfect time to climb the mountains or maybe take some hours biking.

She stayed a little longer and when she was about to get back inside her room, a man went out from the room beside hers. He registered a complete amazement on his face, as if doubting if he should smile or frown or pretend that he hasn't seen her.

She was wearing a faded blue polo with its first three buttons open and she was wearing a black top inside. She was wearing her maong shorts with her brown belt, her sneakers, her eye glasses, and her wide brim hat.

He was wearing a dark blue shirt, his brown shorts, his sneakers, and his eye glasses. They looked at each other and it was him who spoke first.

"You're here," he said and went to the farthest edge of the terrace.

She nodded. "I..." she thought of an explanation. "I'm free and..."

Seff stopped her and smiled. "It doesn't matter. I don't need any reason. I'm just glad you're here."

She nodded. "Si Bianca?"

"She's at home," he answered. He felt like he was cheating for some reasons. He wanted to feel guilty but it was nothing compared to the sudden leap of his heart when he saw her.

"Hindi mo ba sya dinala dahil sa akin?"

"No. It's not that, Bea. I just really can't and don't want to bring her here," he answered. "Kakarating mo lang?"

"Sort of. Kayo?" she asked him back.

He was supposed to answer when his sisters, along with Raffy came out of the terrace. They knew who he was talking to. They were all smiling when they saw them.

"Ayun o! Masaya na si birthday boy!" Ava teased him.

"Happy birthday Seff! You like our gift?" Akira asked while hugging her brother. He couldn't help but smile and it was impossible for him to hide his face for them not to see him blushing.

Bea laughed with what was going on the other side of the terrace. She got a call from Ava begging her to go. She wanted to decline but she didn't have the heart to say no when she passed the phone over to Gavin. The little boy just said one sentence and she was enchanted.

And so she was already on her way after another hour.

For a while, she told herself that she will enjoy that weekend and just forget about her rules. She'll open her doors and lock it all up some other time.

--

Sorry was the first word that came out of Bea's mouth as soon as she saw his parents. She knew that his mother was sulking and was emotionally upset with her because of her absence but as soon as Amanda saw her, all of it was gone.

"Ano ba kasi ang nangyari sayo? Walang sinasabi si Seff kung bakit lagi kang wala. Hindi mo man lang naisip na tawagan ako. May ginawa ba sayo itong anak ko?" her mouth was nonstop.

Instead of answering, Bea just hugged her. "Namiss kita Tita," she said and rested her chin on her shoulders.

"Naglambing ka pa talaga. Kayo talagang lahat ng manugang ko, wala ng ginawa kundi bolahin ako. Sinong nagturo nyan sa inyo? Si Raffy ba o si Paul? Isa lang yan sa magkapatid na yan," she asked them which made everyone laugh.