Vingt et Neuf: Atrophy

She finally got what she wanted.

On the last day that the hearing was held, Camila went home with Bea with dignity and as a redeemed person. They were victorious and for the uncountable time, they were on the newspapers again.

A lot of people were congratulating them and all of the praises she got just went on one ear, got out of the other. A lot of people wanted to interview her but she felt tired for the longest time. She was happy for getting what Camila deserved but she felt hollow. A part of her was wanting to love herself in a different way that she has been doing.

She did not get any message nor any call from her family.

Seff's parents offered their home for her to stay away from the limelight for a while. Paul congratulated her. Gavin called her and said how proud he is of her. Cali called her and told her about his sister's progress.

And Seff, if he was there, would be very happy and proud of her, she knows.

As a way to celebrate alone, Bea bought herself six bottles of an alcoholic drink. It would be a weekend the following day and it wouldn't be so bad to get a hangover alone, just sleep until it is Monday again and she would have to be a lawyer for the firm. No rallies from that day on for Camila.

She opened her junk food and opened her drinks one after the other. Seff calls when he is free, most of the time when it is in the morning on her place since he would be home at that point. But Bea would always remind herself that it isn't Seff's responsibility to check on her every now and then. Anyway, she's already decided to just let him go.

Past two, Bea was already drunk. She has consumed the six bottles she bought and took the other two which were left on her fridge. She was literally crawling when she tried to get to her bed and sleep.

The following morning, she got what she expected. It was a terrible headache that she needed to take an aspirin to help alleviate it. When she checked the clock, it was past one in the afternoon. Her phone rang while she was cleaning her plates and she knew it was Seff.

He congratulated her after hearing what happened with the trial. He was so proud and Bea could hear the excitement on his voice to see her. She felt good knowing that there's someone who believes in her that way.

They were still talking while she was about to get inside the bathroom to take a bath but not feeling well, Bea didn't notice the small sud of soap on the wet floor. She slipped and fell on her back. Her foot got twisted and she could not stand up.

"Bea?!" Seff called her while on the phone. He heard the sound when Bea slipped. He was obviously frightened. "What happened?"

"Nadulas ako," she said, still sitting on the floor.

"Nasaan ka? Nakakatayo ka ba? Nakakagalaw ka? May masakit sayo? Anong nararamdaman mo?" he asked nonstop.

"Nararamdaman ko pa yung katawan ko. Hindi ako baldado. Pero hindi ako makatayo. Masakit yung paa ko," she answered, partly hurt, partly irritated with his questions.

"Okay. May handle ba sa gilid na pwede mong kapitan?" he asked and immediately opened his internet. He was keeping the phone between his ears and shoulders.

"Wala," she said, wanting to cry because of the pain.

"Can you use your arms as a force for you to get yourself out of the bathroom?" he said and Bea could hear him typing on his laptop.

"Hindi ko alam. I'll have to bring the phone down," she said while in pain.

"Can you call anyone from the receptionist ng condo please?" he was really worried. If he could fly, he would have done so. "Ask for help."