Vingt: Manic Depressive

It was the first day of the court trial after the case has been reopened. She was all over the newspaper and the televisions for the past two days and she gladly answered questions that came her way. Camila came in covering her while face while wearing her sunglasses. She prepared really hard for that session and she would make sure that she gets it done really well.

She guided Camila as they went inside the courtplace wherein the media has been banned. They took their seats and saw the three men accused. She fixed her coat and retained the iron lady aura.

The judge came in shortly and the session started. They had one witness testify under oath and was cross examined by the other lawyer. It went on and on for an hour or so and Bea knew that if it were to be evaluated, they won that round. She was able to question the witness really well and it appeared that the men being accused are guilty.

When the next session was set, the first meet up was called to an end and they went home after avoiding all the cameras and microphones waiting for them. Bea sent her client home and after making sure that she's okay, she went straight to her place. She was about to park her car when she saw someone familiar. She rolled the windows down.

"James?"

He smiled. "How about a drink?"

"That sounds great."

The two headed to a private bar situated in Quezon City. It was crowded and it didn't bother her that she needed to go with them. She's happy at that point.

She was already on her third bottle when James' phone rang. He excused himself for a while and when he came back, he was already saying his goodbye. His partner called him about an emergency that happened and he needed to go.

"I'll send you home first before I go," he told her.

"I'm fine James. I'll drink some more. I can manage," she said.

"Are you sure?"

Bea nodded. Wanting to celebrate a little more, Bea called for a few more bottles. When James left, it was just her and the drinks.

"You feel like you won but you don't have anyone to celebrate it with," she shook her head and felt alone.

--

"Seff?" his mother called him. He decided to go home that Saturday after his work since the silence inside his unit was too eerie it was deafening. He stood up from the bed and opened the door.

"Mom? Why are you still up? It's late," he said.

"Phone call for you," she said seriously.

"Who?" he wondered. No one calls him about work as late as 1 AM.

"Bea."

Seff found himself driving along Katipunan the next minute. He was scanning the signs and billboards along the way and he's not sure where to find the one he needs. There were a lot of people walking by and so he pulled over to ask for directions. One teenager was able to give him the details and so he followed.

He went inside the private club and looked around the place. On one corner, she saw her holding a bottle among many others on the same table. He immediately snatched it from her and drank what was left. He took a seat beside her.

"O ano, naalis ba problema mo?" he felt like he wanted to reprimand her that moment because of what she was doing.

She smiled. "I do not have any problem."

"So what, you just thought of getting drunk because you have nothing to do? I didn't know you have a tendency to be an alcoholic," he said.

"Thanks for coming," she smiled but did not reach her eyes.