He Promised

Reese's Pov

I was laying in my hospital bed remember what happened. It felt like it happened just yesterday day even though it's been a month. I was walking home from the hospital because my bus was running late and I didn't feel like waiting. I had just wanted to get home to bed. Connor was in surgery otherwise he would of driven me. We are really good friends. It's almost like we are dating but haven't actually told each other how we feel. We just know we are meant for each other. I remember getting ready to cross the street I made sure to look both ways. No one was coming. So I started to walk across that's when it all happened. I was hit by a car who had ran a red light. He plowed right into me. I just laid there helpless as the man drove on. I couldn't move. I was drifting in and out of consciousness as I heard the sirens of the ambulance. That's the last thing I heard before I woke up in a hospital bed. I'd later came​ to find out that I had broke my leg in three places. Injured my back. Had a major concussion sprained both my wrists and had multiple cuts and scrapes. They told me I would have a lot of work to do if I was to walk again. I was pulled from my daydream when Connor came in. "how's my gal feeling today." He asks taking my hand in his. "sore tired and not wanting to be here anymore." I said as he stood next to my bed. "I know but it's the best place for you. You know that." He tells me. "so how's your day been?" I ask. "busy the ED is crazy today. Remember you have physical therapy today" he tells me "do I have to do it today? I wine "yes if you ever wanna get out of the hospital yes. You've come so far. I'm proud of you. I'll even be there 2:00 pm downstairs right." He says. "Fine 2:00 pm" I say back to him. "I'll be back then I promise." He says as his pager goes off and he rushes out. 2:00 pm comes around faster then I wanted it to and Connor still isn't here.  I thought he would meet me up in my room. The orderly walks in with a wheelchair to take me to physical therapy. "I'm not going without him you can't make me." I yell "please miss we have to go now." The orderly says. "He said he'd be here. I'm not going without him. He promised he'd be here." I yell. "Maybe he got called into surgery" the orderly says trying to calm me down. "I can't do this without him." I say with tears steaming down my face. "Miss please the nurse is waiting on you." He says as he reaches for me. "don't touch me." I shout as I try and back up. "He's coming he promised." I cry.

Connors pov.
I was down in the ED when I realized what time it was. "Hey Maggie I gotta ​go take care of Reese. I'll be back in an hour or so" I say to her. "sure go ahead. If anything comes in I'll have doctor Devlin handle it." Maggie says to me. I head over to the physical therapy floor and realize Reese isn't in there. It's after 2:00 she should of been down here already. I rush back to the elevators and head upstairs to her room. Maybe she got confused on where we were meeting. As I step off the elevator I hear someone yelling. "I'm not going without him. He promised he'd be here" the voice says. As get closer to Reese's room I hear that it's her. I rush in and see her crying. "hey hey I'm here" I say as I walk over to her. She holds onto me not wanting to let go. "I couldn't go without you." She sobs "it's okay I'm here now." I say to her. "alright let's get you in the wheelchair​ and down to physical therapy." The orderly say as he tries to help Reese up but she protests. "no only he helps me" she says clinging to me. "it's okay I'll help you. But we have to go now before your session ends." I say. "okay as long as you stay during my session" she says sadly "I will I promise" I say helping her into the wheelchair and off to her appointment.