I'm Fi... Fine

Connors pov

It's been a long day at work. I had just gotten home. I worked a double shift. I've been saving up so I can buy my girlfriend something special. I was feeling beat so I decided I'd grab a quick bite to eat then a nice relaxing shower. I had just finished towel drying off when I hear my phone ringing. I quickly run to it and pick it up. At first I hear silence on the other end then the crying starts. "Hey is everything alright I say to her. "Yeah. Umm ye..yeah." Says the crying voice. "I'm coming over." I say. "I'm fine. It's just..." She says "it's just what?"I ask. "nothing never mind I'm fine." She tells me white a sniffle "doesn't matter I'm already leaving."I say to her. It feels like it taking for ever to get to her place even though we only live 10 minutes apart from each other. The traffic is horrible. I finally arrive and rush up the stairs to her apartment. I franticly knock on her door. "Sarah, Sarah open up. Sarah" There was no answer. So I just keep knocking. "Sarah it's me please open the door." I say hoping she hears me. I hear movement behind the door. I hear her grab the door handle. I wait for her to open it. It feels like an eternity. She finally opens it. She's standing in front of me with tears down her face. "I'm fi..." she starts to say but I cut her off when I grab her into a bear hug. She just stands there sobbing into my chest. I gently rub her back up and down trying to calm her down. "It's going to be okay you will get through this." I tell her. " I could of done more should of done more." She says still sobbing. "no it's not your fault there was nothing that could of be done by the time the man got to us at the ER." I tell her. "It's my fault he's gone I should of seen the signs." She says. "hey look at me. It doesn't matter who would have treated him the outcome would still be the same. It was just his time to go. i know the first one is always the hardest." I tell her as I pull her over to the couch so we can get comfy. She manages to curl up on my lap. " does it get any easier?" she asks me. "Yes but it takes a lot of time. You will eventually learn how to deal with it. " I say as I stroke her hair. "I just wish I could have done more I feel like I failed." She says "you did not fail okay you are a terrific doctor anyone would be lucky to have you as their doctor." I say. She finally calms down about an hour later. I told her to rest she had been through a lot emotionally. It was taking a toll on her. So I just held her while she slept. It was good for her she needed it. She slowly stirred in my arms. "hey how was your nap?" I quietly ask. "Much needed thank you." She says "you're welcome" I say "so what did you do while I napped did you get any rest?" she asks. "nope just watched my girl sleep peacefully." I say as I kiss the top of her head. "you watched me sleep" she says with a curious voice. "yes you look so beautiful and peaceful when you sleep. " I tell her. "peaceful yes beautiful not so much." She says " what, No you are so beautiful. It's one of the many reasons I love you." I say "I might be slightly pretty but not beautiful . I don't see it." She says "you are and one day you will see it I promise. You hungry I was thinking I could cook us up something or we could go out or order in." I say "order in I am no way looking like I should be going out." She says "you look amazing Sar. But we can order in what are you in the mood for?" I ask "I want pizza. From that place down on the corner near the hospital." She says "that place is so far." Please it's the best pizza and you love me right." She begs with a smile. Man do I love that smile of hers. "Yes you're lucky I love you. And yes we can get it. Meat lovers it is." I say. I order the pizza while Sar picks out a movie for us to watch. She picks a romantic comedy. Once the pizza is here we start the movie. "do you want anything to drink?" I ask her as I walk to the kitchen. "water please. Thanks. You are going to love this movie it's so good" she says to me as she takes a bite of her pizza. "it sounds like a good movie. The trailer looked good so will see." I say sitting down beside her grabbing a slice of pizza. About half way through the movie sar has now curled up in my lap and is looking so tired. "hey sar you tired? We can finish this movie tomorrow." I say "no I'm okay. I'm not that tired. I'll make it till the end of the movie." She says with a yawn. "okay sweetheart" I say giving the top of her head a gentle kiss. By the end of the movie she had drifted off to sleep. I gently nudge her. "Come you are tired let's get you to bed." I say quietly. "But I don't want to it's too early in the night and I'm not that tired" She says "Says the girl who fell asleep by the end of the movie." I laugh "you need to rest you have been through a lot." I say as I walk her to her room. She changes and I tuck her in bed. Just as I'm about to leave she gently grabs my arm and tugs on it, "please stay with me. I don't feel like being alone tonight." She says with a begging smile. "Anything for you Sar." I say as I grab my Pjs from her draw. I'm so glad that I keep an extra pair of cloths here. I then crawl In bed next to her and give her a good night kiss. "Thank you for being here for me." she says kissing me back. "You're welcome sweetheart come lets sleep." I say as I pull her in to cuddle and we drift off to sleep.

AN: hey guys hope you enjoyed this story. I will try and do an update Wednesday. i may try and get it up earlier but no promises. As always feel free to vote and comment.